Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO all the Long travel guys out their ... u know who u are.

1) How much - Price?
2) Weight - LBS.? - ?
3) Durable - Strong - ?
4) Design - does what it's supposed to do. ?

I want durable but light. 5 or 6 major LT systems. give me the spec's

·
Registered
451 Posts
We run fully laser cut boxed in arms out of chrome alloy, this stuff is very strong while still keeping it pretty light. In fact for the new Black Magic kits we have shaved 40lbs off the kit from last year. Fox and Elka come out and test with us for weeks at a time and design the perfect suspension for our kit we actually have our own code for valveing and settings that way you can bolt up and go beat on it without worry about suspension set-up. We run this same kit on our Factory Team Green race Teryx that just recently took the title of the SCORE Tecate Baja 500 winner.

More info at: Kawasaki Teryx 750 Long Travel Suspension | Kawasaki Teryx 750 Suspension

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks FuelATV & DASARACING

1) How much - Price?
2) Weight - LBS.? - ?
3) Durable - Strong - ?

Not sure about all the spec's but I just upgraded from my stock arms with Walker Evans shocks and spacers to the +5 Ishock kit. The kit definitely makes the ride much nicer. I went with this kit because # 1. the manufacturer is local in San Diego, # 2 Shocks are adjustable 5 ways, # 3 lifetime warranty and great customer service reputation, #4 Tubed A-arms which is the design I wanted.
I want to say THANKS to Chad at FuelATV and Steve from DASARACING for all your info and help with my upgrade. These guys are standup guys and I would recommend them highly for any of your needs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PLease see the first thread.. everyone has skipped the weight question. DFR said 40lbs lighter .... that puts u at how many lbs... now?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s real easy thread Cut and paste questions 1-4 and then fill in info after the question marks. Try to stay away from the shop favoritisms and give an honest answer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you shop guys should post better details on your products (kits)... how u fab-it ?what's it made of?

·
Registered
266 Posts
PLease see the first thread.. everyone has skipped the weight question. DFR said 40lbs lighter .... that puts u at how many lbs... now?
Sorry but I don't have all that exact information. I will say that the +5 A-arms actually seem much lighter than the stock arms. I think this is due to the material. (meaning Chromoly tube vs std steel tube.)

·
Registered
165 Posts

1) How much - Price?
2) Weight - LBS.? - ?
3) Durable - Strong - ?

Many great kits out their, you have to tell them what type of riding you do, 2 seat, 4 seat, do you go balls to the wall or just cruise. If you want to PM me I will tell you who my picks are and why.:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
actually your post make it look like your way too picky and will drive the vendors nuts. so actually dont PM me. Just go spend the money!

·
Registered
188 Posts
HAHAHA. That was kinda screwed up.
I don't see anything wrong with his questions. These kits are $4000+ and I'd be pissed if I spent that kinda money to be dissappointed.
Damn, I can get long travel suspension for my pickup cheaper than I can for my Teryx...

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'm behind you waytay! why would i want this guy buying my kit. probably end up too much of a pain in the ...... post the question, let people have a chance to answer it wether it's exactly what you asked or not take it as info and not trying to be a ..... myself, i have no idea what my kit weighs nor do i care. it is built as lite as possible without sacrificing strength. price, i paid the same price as everyone else. AND YES IT DOES DO WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO!!! gives me more travel and better stability. wouldn't go back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blah Blah Blah .. No answers .! so glad you wrote your opinion next time I’ll post a threat named tell me how u fell today. Cut the fat out! and answer or just skip the thread. I swear people need to learn to stop beating around the bush and stop wasting time writing about or not writing about the topic at hand.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was on your side with your original question. Nothing wrong with any of those questions to begin with. But you can't expect ALL questions to be answered with every single reply. If you don't want anyone replying to your thread for lack of complete information, perhaps you should start picking up the phone and calling companies then instead.
But now you try to insult a handful of very knowledgable people, good luck getting your answers now I'm afraid...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh' well, if that’s and insult then next time I'll bend over so you can take 5K out my ass. These knowledgeable people can say whatever they want with no respect, being a smart ASSSSS... The comment “I don’t want this guy buying my kit" don't make me laugh. We know what kit u have and how the hell you going to stop me A! (Again no answers) when did the forum turn into a blog spot? ...

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
1) How much - $5244.75 before your THQ disc.
2) Weight - The entire kit is about 140 lbs with axles and shocks
3) Durable - 4130 Chromoly plate, tig welded.
4) Design - Yes, and then some.

There ya go.

Suspension is a very builder specific animal. Everyone has thier theory of what works and what doesnt. Our theory is simple. build it right, valve it right, and service the customer right.

Aside from that we also use an 8-1/2 shock, this gives the shock more room to breathe and allows the shock to run much cooler than the shorter shocks on some kits since we dont have to run such an aggressive shim stack, this also helps with shock fade on long hard runs.

There isnt a whole lot of geometry you can change, the pick up points are set, so its just camber, caster, scrub, ackerman, and a few other things that the design can effect. for our kit we kept most of those things stock and added +2 to the rear arm for wheelbase and kept the front stock.

For shocks we have a 4-seat set-up that works very well for most combinations, our valving is specific to us and done by Fox directly based on our own testing and beating on the kit but everyone has a different idea as to what is too soft or too stiff, so to help compensate for differences in cage wieght, passenger, and option differences we spec different springs and give you an 8 position adjustable compression knob on the rear shocks so you can dial it in for your style and set-up.

Our kit (as do most) is complete and ready to bolt on. the only mod. you need to do is to trim the rear stock upper shock mount slightly to clear the shock body.

Hope this helps sort through it a bit for you....

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am not a suspension builder so when i say "my kit" i mean MY KIT. I answered every question you asked. i didnt care to copy and paste it in your so called form you asked for. buy whatever you want, drop as much money as you want but one sugestion, check previous posts and threads first, all of your questions have been answered plus more.

·
Registered
74 Posts
BajaBuggy Has been the only one here in the last few posts that has said anything worth reading. Thanks for that "NO-BS" and mechanical approach BajaBuggy. Sometimes this is a rare thing on these boards as most vendors want you to buy the crap they sale "just because"......sigh.

I Have NEVER been in a forum that is so run by vebdors with asshole attitudes....demeanering the people that may actually buy the product they offer. Must be some "new age" sales sttrategy im not aware of....

Anyway, thanks again Bajabuggy for giving a direct answer to the question without all the BS.

PS, All the "Band wagon boys" need to get a life..... must have been followers all their lifes....not leaders.

·
Registered
188 Posts
BajaBuggy Has been the only one here in the last few posts that has said anything worth reading. Thanks for that "NO-BS" and mechanical approach BajaBuggy.
Thanks for this BS post that contributed absolutely nothing to the questions of the OP either... :wave:

If you noticed, I said he had many valid questions. But to whine and complain when a couple guys reply without complete information and then put everyone down that has a tremendous amount of info on these kits (vendors or not) won't get you very far.
I work in service myself and unfortunately I have to deal with customers all the time that call me up and ask me a question about the product I know inside and out then they argue with my about my answer. Why the hell did they call me in the first place then? This sort of reminds me of that...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts