Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 09 monster w/msd and thinking on doing clutch as a next step to gain a bit more power. I ride mostly rocks and mud, looking for some advice on best mods for low end power...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Something strange, did some timed runs in low and high to 40, exact same time. The belt compensates for lighter load

I really think low just puts less stress on belt but little to know better low end performance
I would have never guessed that, interesting..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something strange, did some timed runs in low and high to 40, exact same time. The belt compensates for lighter load

I really think low just puts less stress on belt but little to know better low end performance
yeah I am really just looking for a bit more power for climbing and getting through the deep mud. I think im going to do a clutch and pipes but need some advice on which ones, im thinking muzzy w quiet cores (alot of night riding) and not sure on the clutch my main concern is making sure its reliable

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muzzys,msd & V force john on the clutch. Will really bring it to life.
what are my options on the vfj clutch is it a plate mod or springs not familiar with it

·
Registered
375 Posts
They machine the surface of the clutch where the belt rides, really does not affect low end and mostly for top end. Some mid range performance gains have been reported.

Engine mods and tires still need spring and weight changes.
I know we are talking about two totally diffrent animals, but my 840 with Vforce johns clutch kit NOT his mod is amazing. I had an EPI with exhaust before and put an FST 840 with the VFJ clutch kit (weights&springs) and I am impressed. It pulls from low to mid to top no lags . Keeps peak horespower through all shift points. My vote would be Vforcejohns clutch kit $229 and adjustable. He will set it up for your riding conditions and bike setup and will answer his phone anytime you have a question.

·
Registered
311 Posts
what are my options on the vfj clutch is it a plate mod or springs not familiar with it
You just need the stage 3 mod. Red primary spring & orange -purple sec spring John does the overdrive plate in the deal 400.oo free 2 day shipping.with out bbk. just with muzzy msd will rum 67-68 mph and pull with out equal all the way through the range.right off the bottom you will love it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You just need the stage 3 mod. Red primary spring & orange -purple sec spring John does the overdrive plate in the deal 400.oo free 2 day shipping.with out bbk. just with muzzy msd will rum 67-68 mph and pull with out equal all the way through the range.right off the bottom you will love it.
do you know where i could get the correct msd map when i get this all done

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hunterworks, dasa, benchmark,unleashed where did you buy your msd. If you haven't bought it yet. Get one with map all ready installed.these mods make it like wow .Four stroke tech on the muzzy pro's get the whisper cores little loud without them.do a uni air filter & ring to.Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts