Teryx HQ banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Give me my Leupold Vari X-III 3.5X10 50mm and like you sid spend as much or more on scope than gun, but I have Leupold scopes that are 35 years old have sent them back to Leupold to be regased don't cost a penny no questions asked quality and sevice are second to none

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Give me my Leupold Vari X-III 3.5X10 50mm and like you sid spend as much or more on scope than gun, but I have Leupold scopes that are 35 years old have sent them back to Leupold to be regased don't cost a penny no questions asked quality and sevice are second to none
I have a Vari X-III 4.5-14 50 mm with target style knobs on my other .308, nice scope for sure.

I used to have a Swarovski and it was the total bomb, only near it has been this Nightforce with lighted reticle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah the leupold scopes are tough to and there warranty is killer, buddy of mine sold me a Vari X III and i dropped the rifle i had it mounted on from my stand. called leupold and they said send it to them, replaced it no questions asked.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yeah that warranty is second to none and the funny part is most cases it is no fault of the scope but I have never been questioned, and another thing is when it come to sighting it in I have never seen any scope that is as accurate on adjustment 1/4" at 100 yards is just what it says.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Yeah that warranty is second to none and the funny part is most cases it is no fault of the scope but I have never been questioned, and another thing is when it come to sighting it in I have never seen any scope that is as accurate on adjustment 1/4" at 100 yards is just what it says.
You just have not shot a rifle accurate to show a 1/4 minute of angle

The Nightforce is very accurate and can handle being run up and down in elevation multiple times and still be right back on point of impact.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
How about 4 clicks to the right 4 clicks down 4 clicks to the left 4 clicks back up have a 1" square pattern at 100 yards, I would compare nightforce to 840 and Leupold to standard bore you might relate to that.thought you might get a laugh on Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
:kickrock:my remington 700 SPS tactical is supose to be sub moa out the box, but you also gotta have the glass and the shooter to get that. needless to say i haven't shot sub moa with it:kickrock: LOL

·
Registered
148 Posts
It takes a light trigger with a good rifle and great glass. Both my Savage rifles have after market triggers on them set at 20 oz. this helps me shoot sub moa with them. Nightforce is a great scope but kinda heavy for my liking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my remington has the x mark pro trigger, im thinking i adjusted it and scaled it after i got done and it was around 2lbs. or less my scale is old and the numbers is wore off. i just can't hold steady like i use to beable to even with bags or bipod.. i dunno as long as it kills my deer i don't care lol

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.