Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Teryx that has a dynojet nonprogrammable cdi. I have a k&n air filter but no mods done to the air box and just the stock exhaust.

The idle seems to be ok on it but seems to backfire a bit when letting off the gas and a little hesitant on the throttle. A little lean?

I am looking for suggestions on how to get it to run a bit better and maybe pick up a little performance. Should I get the hunterworks carb/air box kit? Don't have the extra $ to get the exhaust right now.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hunterworks says yes you should!! LOL

Backfire on decel most time is a exhaust leak or a lean condition

Hesitate on throttle, tell me where it is occurring.

Wish you would get rid of that K&N filter, it lets too much dirt pass. Take a look at our billet filter adapter and clamp on uni filter.

Also, you might want to adjust your valves

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is just a little hesitation from initial takeoff. Adjust the valves? How often should that be done? I have less than 200 hours on it.

I have a similar adapter on my k&n as the unifilter it looks like, where it mounts to the air box. What is the diameter of the adapter? Can I buy just the unifilter and use the same adapter?

As far as getting the extra performance, should I buy the jet and air box kit? Most of the riding I do is the low desert in California which is pretty much at sea level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts