Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i am looking at doing a simple stereo install. i am thinking the hunterworks stereo bar with a TBD marine stereo that has a built in 52x4 amp.
questions are:
how does the HW bar sound?
would the built in amp be enough?
do i need to mount the stereo inside an enclosure for added protection because we ride in water, rain, mud, etc.?
Thanks

will also consider recommendations, but not looking for some crazy system.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt see any prices, but can only assume its more than i want to pay. the fact that its dust rated is nice, but i can get a sweet marine stereo for not too bad of a price.

·
Registered
630 Posts
didnt see any prices, but can only assume its more than i want to pay. the fact that its dust rated is nice, but i can get a sweet marine stereo for not too bad of a price.
I dont post $$$ as i give forum discounts.

Call we may have an option for you.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its hard for me to call during normal business hours. i will shoot you a pm and see what you can do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know that one is the fusion and I think that the other one is as well I want I-pod and sat radio and it has to be sand proofcuz I'm only 20 min from the dunes watter proof wouldnt hurt if I get stupid at the river

·
Registered
630 Posts
My Fusion deck is fully sand and waterproof for the IPOD but the Sirius unit needs to mounted away from the elements like the glove box. I have had the radiator blow on the Rhino and all of the HOT anti freeze blew all over the head unit and no issues... The back of the radio is completely seal. The Fusion unit houses the IPOD behind the Face Plate and has a seal around the IPOD DOCK, most of the head units do not dock the IPOD but have an ambicle cord to the IPOD..

We used to use a marine unit with the marine cover and they would only last about season or so, the CD's and CD player would get scratched or the CD mechinisum woul stop working as the sand would kill the laser.

Either way I just want you guys to fully look at what is out on the market as their are many options and not to many that all weather and element proff.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i mean i dont care anything about the cd as you could only use it if you were crusing the street and i hope anyone that has a teryx isnt just using it as a mall crawler.
i will keep researching.

anyone want to comment about the SSV speakers/enclosures?

·
Registered
630 Posts
i mean i dont care anything about the cd as you could only use it if you were crusing the street and i hope anyone that has a teryx isnt just using it as a mall crawler.
i will keep researching.

anyone want to comment about the SSV speakers/enclosures?
I sell a good share of the SSV kits, good qulaity and fit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I guess what i need to know is if your fusion unit has the capability to plug the sat radio in and be done or would I have to run something like the xm comander or the serius equalivent:confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I guess what i need to know is if your fusion unit has the capability to plug the sat radio in and be done or would I have to run something like the xm comander or the serius equalivent:confused:
It is a direct connect and full control from the head unit AM/FM, AUX input, IPOD DOCK and Sirius.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quick update.
went with a sony marine HU, gonna get the SSV front pods, polk speakers, then now i am thinking about an amp and a free air sub. so any recommends on the amp? not looking for huge bass just looking for a little something....

·
Registered
115 Posts
what is the speaker going to handle nominal and max, and get an amp that meets the speakers max power requirements and turn the gain to where you are happy. go with cheap even if its a swapmeet special (just make sure it works before you buy it) b/c no matter what you do they will all fail at one point or another no matter what the brand because we have had different luck with different brands
and I will be running the JBL MBB-MINI head unit with sat radio

·
Registered
630 Posts
what is the speaker going to handle nominal and max, and get an amp that meets the speakers max power requirements and turn the gain to where you are happy. go with cheap even if its a swapmeet special (just make sure it works before you buy it) b/c no matter what you do they will all fail at one point or another no matter what the brand because we have had different luck with different brands
and I will be running the JBL MBB-MINI head unit with sat radio
Its OK to get a amp that is much more power then the speaker, what kills the speakers is distortion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts