Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have run these in a truck, however, I am curious if anyone has run these in there Teryx...or side x side for that matter.

I think when it cools down, that could be a great place to have a get togther!

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is my Backyard. Box is easy for a Teryx or any SxS for that matter. We just made a trip through a couple weeks ago. Martinez has some BIG rocks and would be more of a challenge. I wouldnt try it without better skids, the plastic stockers are just asking for trouble.

If anyone wants to do a night run soon and beat the heat... I'm game to show you the way :)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to think back, however, is width an issue at Martinez or Box? Long travel machines should still be able to make it right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used to have an old 70's model Powerwagon that went through Box Canyon a couple times. So I don'think a Teryx will have a problem, no matter how long the travel. I've also done the trip quite a few times on my DS650, its blast. Check out the Coke Ovens, while you're down there.

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh yes the Coke Overs...the other run I have done.

I think when it cools off we need to have a TeryxHQ.com run over there!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The entire area is easy for a side by side, there are a few hardcore crawler trails in the area that wouldnt be a good choice with 6 - 10 foot vertical climbs but those falls are the only reason to be in those places anyway. There are hundreds of old mining roads to explore, if your brave you can enter a mine here and there, but it's not really a good idea.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think when my car is completed, I am going to make a run out there...maybe I will chart some trails on the GPS. I think this would be a great place for everyone to get together, plenty of parking areas, and if we wanted to camp, that would not be a problem either.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What is the camping like? Count us in when you do this. Can my kids do it on the quads. My 16 year old son doesn't make a good passenger lol.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it is desert...what can I say more about it :)

I am sure Trail Logic can provide a little more info on it for you.

Hey Trail Logic, would you be up for taking me out there so that I could chart a run for a future ride with everyone?

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is the camping like? Count us in when you do this. Can my kids do it on the quads. My 16 year old son doesn't make a good passenger lol.
Quads are a blast here too. Sport quads with chains will get a beating on the rocks. Camping is good but it'll be hot until mid October.

Here is a great thing going on in the area this Saturday..... A local Guy who is a 28 year veteran with Arizonas Department of Corrections recently lost his right leg in a racing accident. His friends and Co-workers are doing a poker run to help him out. I know this guy personally, he has always been the first one to step up and help others, now it'shis turn. If anyone is interested I will start a new thread and post the details. I think they are asking for a $25 registration, I'm not sure but the winner will probably end up with part of he pot.

Chris

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That does sound like a great event!

Please do take a moment to post it...not sure I can make it, but I would like others to be aware of it :)

Any yes, camping out there right now would not be too comfortable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll check with the organizers in the AM to make sure they can handle more people and will post the details.

And sure.... just say when. I'm always down for a Box Run!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent, thank you!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I undestand desert camping I was just wondering if there is a spot that can accomadate several large toyhaulers? If we weren't already heading someplace I would love to do the poker run.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I undestand desert camping I was just wondering if there is a spot that can accomadate several large toyhaulers? If we weren't already heading someplace I would love to do the poker run.

neverenough....

there is lots room about 5 miles south of the US 60 and Hwy 79 (called Florence jct.) Cottonwood Canyon Road heads east off of 79, it is a maintained gravel road. The National Guard uses the area for camp on a regular bassis so there is seveal large graded areas to camp in. If the Guard is there, you'll still be able to find a spot. Every once in a while the Sheriffs department gets a wild hair and checks for state land use permits but usually only gives a warning.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahh thank you, yes you will want to obtain a State Trust permit...My buddy was in court a few weeks ago and there were several people in there trying to fight their tickets for riding without the permit. The Judge had zero concerns for their excuses and upheld the fines. For $20 a year for a family permit it is not worth the several hundred dollar fine ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't forget about the red flags flying. If there is big red flag flying as you enter the area, that means the military is using live ammo. So stay on the main roads!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahh yes another good point!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts