Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my oil the other day, was low, added some until it was good, then drove it for about 5 minutes then all of a sudden it started barreling the blue smoke out the exhaust and died.
So I waited a while and checked the oil and it was way above high! So apprently I wasnt on level ground like I thought I was.
I drained it and its back down to good now but I havent driven it yet. I can start it and rev it and it runs just fine but it still smokes and oil is dripping from the exhaust...? Does this mean that theres oil in the exhaust? Should I take it off and pressure wash it out? Or is something frenched up?

Twas a sad moment :(

·
Registered
318 Posts
u should be ok, the extra oil u added got sucked in the plenum, sucked in the carb and part burned up in the combustion chamber (causing the smoke) and some didnt burn up and will blow out the exhaust, i wouldnt worry about it and wouldnt bother pressure washing th muffler, i would be more worried about not getting all the water out of the muffler and that getting sucked into the motor than i would about the oil

·
Registered
318 Posts
also it may smoke for awhile till all the oil burns up

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks! I almost have it payed off and I just new seeing that smoke what not going to be a good thing lol. Guess I'll be more careful in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts