Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to put mechanical carbs on the teryx? With all the vaccum dilemas. They may even open up some more hp.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I'm sure someone has but then you have a new problem. A bog right off idle if you stomp the throttle. With mechanical you have to mash the pedal not stab or you lose the vacuum signal the carb for a second or two and get a bog.

Ever driven a car with a Quadra-Jet carb on it? If you stomped them, it would bog too.

Come on Fuel Injection!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has anyone tried to put mechanical carbs on the teryx? With all the vaccum dilemas. They may even open up some more hp.
Yes, Keihin FCRs are fantastic carbs with all the latest technology for carburetors. And, they have an accelorator pump. Properly tuned, there is no bog.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Todd i was wondering if there would be any benefit to removing the choke and either going to some sort of primer kit or just leaving it off. I havent had a look at the carbs yet as mine is brand new, but it is something we do on jet skis, you can remove the choke plate and butterfly and add a little more flow, without adversely affecting the vacuum signal. The primers we use have brass nipples that press in where the choke shaft holes were, one is a plug and the other a spigot feed, for each carb. You splice the t fitting into the fuel line and when youe machine is cold, a couple of pumps of the primer shoot fuel directly in the carbs and the machine fires right up. Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
chase runs 39fcrs on his 840 with no problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts