Teryx HQ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First we would like to start out by saying thank you to the folks at MotoComm for giving us the opportunity to test their DSR-100, digital recorder & camera system. Having not been familiar with the MotoComm DSR-100, I made the decision to not research the product prior to receiving it in order to ensure there were no false impressions.

First Impressions:

When the unit arrived, I was fascinated with how large the box was, believing this was just packaging material, I opened up the box to find that while it was packed nice and secure, the unit comes in a nice plastic storage case that houses the camera and all the camera accessories. The storage case measures approx 12” x 6” x 4” and is separated into six compartments with a guide indicating which parts are in which compartment for easy locating.

It is recommended the unit be charged fully before initial use, this took exactly four hours from start to finish.

The main unit (DSR-7680) measures approximately 5” x 4” x 1” and although light, feels durable and well put together. A vinyl protective case with belt clip is included to protect the main unit from the outside elements, although a clear cover over the screen display opening may be beneficial to protect the unit’s screen from scratches or damage.

The unit comes with a very easy to understand manual and if you are like me, you will need to spend very little time getting acquainted with the button functions and menus. System start up is very fast, once turning on the unit you are taken to the main menu where you can view videos, listen to music, play games, and adjust system settings (ie time, date, etc.)

The DSR-100 as an MP3 player:

The DSR-7680 has a built in MP3 player (unit comes with helmet speakers, we will discuss later) music can be stored on the unit’s built in memory or loaded onto a SDCard (unit will accept SDCards up to 20gig) For the sake of this test, we utilized a 2gig SDCard. The card slot is located to the right of the screen on the side behind a door; insert the card, close the door, and power the unit up. The unit located the presence of the SDCard immediately. From the main menu, we went into the setup and formatted the SDCard which took all of ten seconds. From there we removed the card and placed it into a card reader to upload our music (you can also connect the DSR-7680 directly to your computer via USB and drag and drop files). After the transfer was complete, the SDCard was replaced into the unit and the unit powered back up. From the main menu, you are given the option of listening to your music. The player is not fancy, yet it gets the job done. Within the player you can pause, resume, fast forward, skip, and adjust the volume. The onboard speaker, while functional, is probably not the ideal thing to use when listening to music, however, that is not to say it cannot be.

More To Come...

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't want to seem stupid, but I have never heard of this thingy. Is it a communicator for 2 people to talk to each other when riding with helmets on with the option to listen to music when your ride partner is too scared (LOL) to say anything?? Does it work with Ipods or regular MP3 players or both??? Thanks.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it is a camera system. Has a small mountable camera with receiver that you can mount anywhere from your cage, to your handlebars, or even your helment :)

Video is stored on a SD Card which you can then download onto your computer for editing or sharing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't want to seem stupid, but I have never heard of this thingy. Is it a communicator for 2 people to talk to each other when riding with helmets on with the option to listen to music when your ride partner is too scared (LOL) to say anything?? Does it work with Ipods or regular MP3 players or both??? Thanks.
That would be an Autocom setup that will enable you to do those things. Topnotch equipment that I have used on my motorcycle and the communication is excellent up to speeds of 150+mph and yes I have tried it.:D

·
Registered
780 Posts
got any video clips from the camera? how does that aspect of it do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts