Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've talked to my dealer and he has been kind enough to sponsor me this year and set me up with a STD bore kit for my animal and a bunch of other odds and ends. I gotta admit I wasn't planning on going in the motor this quick but he made me an offer I can't refuse. I really some advice from people that have put in STD bore kit and from who. I need as much detail as possible for the mechincal moron like myself can understand. If there are builders out there I'd like to hear from you. What kits are good better best. etc. Things to watch out for. Unplanned add ons needed. Some of this stuff is planned just don't want to end up with a pile of extra stuff needed that I wasn't ready for. I have a 2010. Mostly bone stock. UNI, Mud Industries snorks. It will run mostly in the pits beating the hell out of Razrs. Projected claim on HP is 75hp with MSD mapped with Muzzy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM sent..........

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congratulations man.... I guess Adventure is pretty good to deal with then Eh!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations man.... I guess Adventure is pretty good to deal with then Eh!
Yah they've been pretty good. I can't say enough about those guys. Looking forward to doing this. Funny thing is they have the aftermarket bug as bad as I do.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What are you basing your projection on, I have not seen many standard bores putting out 75 RWHP, I was thinking most of the standard bore #s I have seen have been in the low 60s but I might be wrong, 75 will be a very nice boost, keep us posted on what you go with.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
If you are going to be racing and in addition to your motor build;
1. Get rid of the bed and just use the bar style metal braces to hold the back plastic on (100lbs weight savings.)
2. Get better shocks, so you can go faster in the rough stuff and not have to let off so soon.
3. Most important* Get better saftey equipment - i.e. roll cage, 5 pt harness, good helmet. We don't want to hear that you got hurt bad.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What are you basing your projection on, I have not seen many standard bores putting out 75 RWHP, I was thinking most of the standard bore #s I have seen have been in the low 60s but I might be wrong, 75 will be a very nice boost, keep us posted on what you go with.
x2...my dasa 840 stage 3 kit did 69 rwhp

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should have kept the numbers out of it. This is a bought kit. I spent a lot of time on the boards last night and saw some of the crazy threads on why this kit is better and won't do this on that dyno. I really want this thread to help me make good decisions on what I need to budget for my bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nozzle, mine is a 2010 with a standard bore kit and it put down 58 rwhp on VFJ's dyno. That was Mickey's kit (FST) installed by Mickey and tuned by VFJ. No bias here, just the facts. it runs well but still puts down about 5 less hp than a standard bore kit on a carbed model.

To be honest, if you buy Mickeys kit, you get the tune VFJ developed on my Teryx. You can be fairly certain your numbers will be close.

It took 3 holes in the intake plastic, Muzzy, MSD and standard bore to get to 58rwhp.

Chris

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nozzle, mine is a 2010 with a standard bore kit and it put down 58 rwhp on VFJ's dyno. That was Mickey's kit (FST) installed by Mickey and tuned by VFJ. No bias here, just the facts. it runs well but still puts down about 5 less hp than a standard bore kit on a carbed model.

To be honest, if you buy Mickeys kit, you get the tune VFJ developed on my Teryx. You can be fairly certain your numbers will be close.

It took 3 holes in the intake plastic, Muzzy, MSD and standard bore to get to 58rwhp.

Chris
Did you do anything else as far as Oil stop kit,injectors etc that I'm not seeing? I assume the throttlebodies are stock?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did you do anything else as far as Oil stop kit,injectors etc that I'm not seeing? I assume the throttlebodies are stock?
A siphon break kit is a must. I made my own by modifying the existing hardware on my 09 and adding about $20 worth of stuff. Piece of cake and works like a champ. I'd be glad to send you what I did. Damn I should have taken some pics.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A siphon break kit is a must. I made my own by modifying the existing hardware on my 09 and adding about $20 worth of stuff. Piece of cake and works like a champ. I'd be glad to send you what I did. Damn I should have taken some pics.
Any info you have would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
can u send me some info too please. I also attempted to use stock can by plugging it of where it goes in plenum but my set-up doesnt work as good as id like it too and woul like some more ideas before i abandon idea and spend $$ on one from supplier

1 - 14 of 14 Posts