Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a 2008 teryx with the understanding it needs a valve adjustment. Couldnt get it to start so i replaced the starter, solenoid, and battery. got one hard crank out of it and that was it. now it wont move. Im thinking a rod bearing or crank? Whats a good parts supplier. anything else i should do while im in there? I live in NY so its not a dune runner. I was ruling out the sand in intake. Motor has 60 hours on it. Ive got no hours on it. Thanks.
:banging:

·
Registered
318 Posts
man dude that sucks, i would be pissed, sounds like u owe somebody an ass whoopin. Anyways you may as well look into standard or big bore kit, your gonna wanna do it eventually anyway. Call chris at benchmark performance or mickey at four stroke tech and they will help you out. FST is in Pa. so he would be a lil more local to you. First i would try turning it by hand just to be sure, take the cv cover off and look around in there, maybe you get lucky and got belt jammed up or something. Good luck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hay maybe you should check the valves may have dropped and valve onto the piston and locked it up. That may save you a complete rebuild with only 60 hrs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Not good news

Well its been a while since ive gotten back to this. But i pulled the motor and the rod was welded onto the crank. Upon further investigation the cylinders revealed small scuffs and the top end had gotten hot as well. After 2 local people took it apart to fix I got back a box of parts that was my engine block. There wasnt a chance in hell that I was going to go to the local "stealership" (there labor rate is 108.00 per hour.) and beg for them to reasemble. I talked to Mickey at FST and sent the motor to him. (sorry Mickey). The motor needed new rods, crank, cylinder, pistons, valves and all bearings and gaskets associated with this. It was at this point i decided to do the 840 kit with stage II or III cams. It wasnt much more after all that. so now i have the block back in one piece and have the teryx back. I just have to install the motor and hope that I can recall how it goes together. I have owned this thing since may and still have yet to go for a ride on it. someone please tell me this will all be ok when i get on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts