Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I removed the hood all the way just to see what it looked like I’m sure you can get behind the dash with out removing it all the way. Once all the screws are out you can just slide it up on the roll cage and use a tie down strap to hold it.

Then I unplugged the hardness on the three lights in the dash
The lights are mounted on a plastic piece that has 4 screws you can remove and the whole unit can be removed.

Once I had the unit out I removed the lights you can just pry off the lens cover and pull the rubber boot out through the back. I pushed the plastic lens covers back not to mix them up.

I drilled three new holes I used a step bit and just match the whole size from the factory mounting location 5/8 if I remember correctly.

Once I finished drilling I reinstalled the lights the same way I removed them.
Now with the light in the new location I mounted the trail tech to the stock plastic bracket with some bolts through the back.

I used the stock center hole to pull the wires of the trail tech through and just found some rubber plugs at the hardware store .75 cents each to cap off the other two holes.

I tried to carefully remove the stickers and relocate them I was unsuccessful on my first attempt.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey that looks good and cheap great job.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Boy, that is one nice looking install!! What additional info does the Vapor provide as opposed to the OEM & how much more is it? I thought the OEM was $100 + change, but was told it's more like $200. I apologize if this info has already been posted on a thread somewhere, but I'm kind of computer illiterate & don't know how to navigate these sites like some of you do.:(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it gives you
Engine Temp
CURRENT SPEED
REVS PER MINUTE
RPM BAR GRAPH
MAXIMUM SPEED Stores it in memory till you reset it
DISTANCE trip meter
STOP WATCH
ODOMETER
RIDE TIME can be reset for each ride
ACCUM. RIDE TIME just like the meter in the dash already to keep track of run time
12H or 24H CLOCK

the factory unti is about 200+ for the price I like the Trail Tech better you get more imo..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts