Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you run both the msd and non programable cdi? if so will you get the speed gain out of both units or not?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The MSD is a fully programable piggy back unit that works on your stock cdi. it does everything air, fuel, timing, speed limiter, rev limiter.
The MSD does it all, it is your programable cdi on any thing 2009 and up.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
can you run both the msd and non programable cdi? if so will you get the speed gain out of both units or not?
Just to add to what Big Daddy says.

Typically when someone uses the term CDI they are referring to the ignition on a carburetor model like the 08.

The 09 forward has a ECU because it is fuel injected.

The CDI replaced the stock one to raise the rev limiter and speed limiter plus the aftermarket ones add some timing. No fuel control at all.

The MSD is a ignition and a fuel controller in one unit and it is installed between the stock ECU and the stock wiring harness, it takes over the ignition and fuel control duties of the stock ECU while allowing the stock ECU to continue to do the rest of its' functions.

So if you have a 09 forward Teryx then the MSD would be all you need. If you purchase it from us then you get it pre-programmed for the stock exhaust and for a Muzzy pipe, along with raised speed and rev limiters plus some timing advance, so that makes it simply plug and play.

Todd

·
Banned
2 Posts
The MSD is a fully programable piggy back unit that works on your stock cdi. it does everything air, fuel, timing, speed limiter, rev limiter.
The MSD does it all, it is your programable cdi on any thing 2009 and up.

Thanks big daddy for the help, I will use it

·
Registered
12 Posts
My MSD doesn't work

I just installed a Dragonfire MSD and the engine won't start. Either position one or 2 doesnt work. ANy ideas that I am doing wrong? I have an 09 teryx basic model. I took it out and put back to stock ECU all ok. I can see it from the laptop ok with the software program.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I just installed a Dragonfire MSD and the engine won't start. Either position one or 2 doesnt work. ANy ideas that I am doing wrong? I have an 09 teryx basic model. I took it out and put back to stock ECU all ok. I can see it from the laptop ok with the software program.
Assuming you plugged the stock ecu back into the MSD and did not just leave the MSD alone plugged in, you then have a bad MSD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts