Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am a new member just trying to get a little feedback on the new MSD Charge FI. I am getting mine on monday and just wondered if anyone has already tried it out. I had a 2008 with a CDI box and the top speed was 62 MPH. Just wondered if the MSD will improve that> (I have installed a Hunterworks clutch plate cover already on my 2009 Teryx Sport so, hopefully I will get a little more top end).......Please comment!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Always remember roofs,windshields,tires and wheels other than stock and anything that adds weight slows these machines down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Todd. By the way, Its really appreciated all the replies that you give and that you actually answer all your Emails. You are the man! From now on, anything I buy for my Teryx will come from you!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Not sure what your asking me. We mad our own timing and fuel maps and programmed them in maps #4 and #5 We never use the curves that come in it, in our opinion they don't match anything.

#4 for stock pipe
#5 for Muzzy

Four and Five both have the same timing, rev limiter and speed limiter but five has different fuel mapping for the extra fuel needed with the Muzzy.

Todd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, installed the Charge FI today....using the pre-programmed slots....#2 stock with no pipe, got 55 MPH out of it. Using #3 slot, stock with pipes, got 58 out of it. I tried the other slots, upping the revs to 9000 and top speed to 65 and could only get 52 MPH, Thats with an overdrive clutch plate also! Thats what I could get on the speedo when my 09 teryx Sport was stock. I am a little disappointed since the 08 that I had did 62 with a CDI box with no overdrive. Keep in mind that the 08 I had had the exact same wheels, tires, roof....etc on it as the 09. Guess I need to learn to program this thing but I am a real dummy when it comes to that stuff! :) Hate to think I wasted 500+ bucks for 6 MPH

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well, installed the Charge FI today....using the pre-programmed slots....#2 stock with no pipe, got 55 MPH out of it. Using #3 slot, stock with pipes, got 58 out of it. I tried the other slots, upping the revs to 9000 and top speed to 65 and could only get 52 MPH, Thats with an overdrive clutch plate also! Thats what I could get on the speedo when my 09 teryx Sport was stock. I am a little disappointed since the 08 that I had did 62 with a CDI box with no overdrive. Keep in mind that the 08 I had had the exact same wheels, tires, roof....etc on it as the 09. Guess I need to learn to program this thing but I am a real dummy when it comes to that stuff! :) Hate to think I wasted 500+ bucks for 6 MPH
So are you saying setting 4 and 5 are not as good. I have never tried the other settings. I have a 09 teryx with itp wheels, terra cross tires, muzzy pipe and half windshield which all add weight and wind resistance and no overdrive plate. I am seeing 54 mph. I do have the overdrive plate but have not installed it yet because I am trying to decide if I want the dalton clutch kit and I want to do it all at the same time.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Scott,

I am assuming you didn't buy it from us. We map out curves #4 and #5

·
Registered
260 Posts
Scott,

I am assuming you didn't buy it from us. We map out curves #4 and #5

My buddy bought one but not from you guys. Will Hunterworks send out the two maps you refer too? He has the muzzy exhaust and is disappointed in how it is performing. I have an overdrive plate for his machine but haven't had the time to put it on yet. Can you email the program settings you guys are using? [email protected] Thanks for your help Todd.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Bought mine from Hunterworks and have the maps. Try to get the maps from who you bought it from. They should supply the map for you.!$#!~&^$##%%*

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Todd, If you are willing to give up the maps, I will buy them from you........just let me know. You already have my Visa info on file! LOL

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am sure my buddy would purchase the maps too. This isnt' my Teryx so had no control on where he bought the equipment just know you have the map that he needs so thought I would ask. Thanks for your help Todd.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts