Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be sweet if i could have the msd software on my Droid so i could monitor my systems all the time without having to lug around a laptop, wouldn't even need to have gauges really. If i can find a cable that will go from my droid to the msd i'm gonna try to download the software to my phone. Anyone ever try this? It would be cool if msd would come out with a cell phone version of software so u could just have a few things monitored on phone screen, i'm thinking temp, rpm, volts, but u could select to monitor whatever u want. Todays smart phones are plenty capable to handle this, and this would be a strong selling point for MSD. Just a thought.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
That could be very cool...I would imagine that it will happen one day with the advancement and popularity of the Android devices. Side note, what Droid to you have? I had the original Moto Droid, then the HTC Incredible, and now have the Droid X and it is by far my favorite one!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have OG moto Droid, rooted, looked at x other day and liked it but being rooted I'm already running the same UI as the X, think I'm gonna wait for Droid 2 in Nov., that thing is gonna be loaded. U know if they've been able to root the x yet?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not to start a phone war, but as a long time Iphone user, I'm jumping off the AT&T boat and going for the Droid X...tired of the shotty coverage and several other issues with AT&T. I've not gotten the chance to mess with a working droid X yet, but I have used a regular Moto Droid and its quite impressive, as well as the Incredible. I think the X will be just as good, if not better than both. Can't wait to snag one whenever they decide to get any of them in around here.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have OG moto Droid, rooted, looked at x other day and liked it but being rooted I'm already running the same UI as the X, think I'm gonna wait for Droid 2 in Nov., that thing is gonna be loaded. U know if they've been able to root the x yet?
They have not been able to root the X as of yet...I am not all that concerned with root. I would have held out for the Droid 2, but I never used the physical keyboard and I just love the screen size on the X.

Not to start a phone war, but as a long time Iphone user, I'm jumping off the AT&T boat and going for the Droid X...tired of the shotty coverage and several other issues with AT&T. I've not gotten the chance to mess with a working droid X yet, but I have used a regular Moto Droid and its quite impressive, as well as the Incredible. I think the X will be just as good, if not better than both. Can't wait to snag one whenever they decide to get any of them in around here.
You will LOVE the X...as I mentioned, I had the original Droid, the Incredible, and now the X, the X blows the others out of the water. Screen is amazing, great speed, HDMI output, and the battery life is about two to three times more than I was getting out of the Incredible. In addition, not sure if they changed the GPS chip in the X from what was in the original, however, GPS locks on extremely quick. The iPhone is nice, the only reason I do not have it is due to the carrier. If Verizon had it, I have to admit I would have been tempted to get one. That said, I have zero interest in the iPhone with this Droid X.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts