Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my kit the other day. Just finished up on the install. Full CVT and airbox with armor tips. KAWI green BABY!!!. Installation went really well. Instruction sheet pictures would have been nicer to have color pics instead of photocopied sheets. For some reason instructions always come like that. Other than that really happy with how they turned out. Took a little doing to cut out rear window and make things look tidy. Bring on the water.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Is it alot quieter with the sheet of lexan behind the seats and the 3 tubes facing into the box?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quieter?

Yes it actually made a huge difference from before. The window for me serves dual purpose. One being for noise in the summer as welll as the elements in the winter. The exhaust tip will be turned inside the cabspace to push heat back toward us. Two in one sort of deal. Doors will be the next item on order next winter. Cost was pretty decent as well. Ended up only costing me $180 for the rear window and it was all CNC'd to match around the airbox and seat openings. I had to cut it back quiet a bit more to fit the snorkels but I think things look ok and still function well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes it actually made a huge difference from before. The window for me serves dual purpose. One being for noise in the summer as welll as the elements in the winter. The exhaust tip will be turned inside the cabspace to push heat back toward us. Two in one sort of deal. Doors will be the next item on order next winter. Cost was pretty decent as well. Ended up only costing me $180 for the rear window and it was all CNC'd to match around the airbox and seat openings. I had to cut it back quiet a bit more to fit the snorkels but I think things look ok and still function well.
did you have that rear window made or you buy it like that?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you have that rear window made or you buy it like that?
Bought it like that. Really like it. Great for the winter rides around here. Keeps the snow out of the cab.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bought it like that. Really like it. Great for the winter rides around here. Keeps the snow out of the cab.
I have the PRP soft curtain. I like it, but your setup looks sweet. My only problem was the soft curtain flapping and getting sucked up to the rubber elbow boot thingy coming out of the airbox lid of which I promptly removed!
I have the PRP doors too, they are the bomb!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the PRP soft curtain. I like it, but your setup looks sweet. My only problem was the soft curtain flapping and getting sucked up to the rubber elbow boot thingy coming out of the airbox lid of which I promptly removed!
I have the PRP doors too, they are the bomb!
I ended up buying it but if you had the template you could easily make this yourself if you had some lexan kicking around. It uses the stock cage to mount too. Right up to the headrest backing. If your interested I can take some closer picks of it. Mind you if I picked this thing up for $180 in Canada I'm sure if I found out the supplier for you guys it would be significantly cheaper in the states.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What all else do you have to do after snorkling like the electrical items under the driver seat????

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What all else do you have to do after snorkling like the electrical items under the driver seat????
All my electrical has been treated with dielectic grease. Pretty much took every connection apart and used it on them. This took quite a bit of time but will keep things running smoothly. You can get it at most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks real good. I just ordered the same setup from mud industries. I'll have to leave the back open though. My rad will be mounted back there as well. Can't wait for the snorkel to arrive.:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
snorks

Hey make sure you silicone the first exhaust elbow coming out of the CVT. I had my elbow melt on me while running longer trips then the seal is gone. I overlooked that step in the instructions buts its pretty criitical. As the elbow deforms a little the hoseclamp doesn't do its job anymore unless you tighten it. Silicone top and botton of the rubber fitting is the only way to make sure your clutches stay dry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll keep the silicone in mind in mind. I picked up some dielectric grease the other day so will be doing that at the same time as I'll have alot of the plastic removed. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts