Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. On another forum someone told me that the Muzzy duals need to be run without spark arrestors for the first while. Is this correct. Something of a breakin period. Does anyone know if this is true I didnt get paperwork with this set. It was dealer installed. Also is there anything else I need to worry about? Repacking,general to dos with owning a set.
Second question does the clamps and screws need re tightening following the initial install?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Just wondering. On another forum someone told me that the Muzzy duals need to be run without spark arrestors for the first while. Is this correct. Something of a breakin period. Does anyone know if this is true I didnt get paperwork with this set. It was dealer installed. Also is there anything else I need to worry about? Repacking,general to dos with owning a set.
Second question does the clamps and screws need re tightening following the initial install?
Only if your putting in the screens then otherwise nothing to worry about. If using the screens leave them out for about a hour of riding.

Rarely need repacking, actually I never had anyone ask us about and we have sold nearly 400 systems. If you need to or want to best value is to send the mufflers themselves back to muzzy and let them do it plus they will repolish them if you have the polished ones.

If the included loctite was use I don't see them coming out.

Todd

Todd

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only if your putting in the screens then otherwise nothing to worry about. If using the screens leave them out for about a hour of riding.

Rarely need repacking, actually I never had anyone ask us about and we have sold nearly 400 systems. If you need to or want to best value is to send the mufflers themselves back to muzzy and let them do it plus they will repolish them if you have the polished ones.

If the included loctite was use I don't see them coming out.

Todd

Todd
Thanks Todd Todd lol. I didnt know you could send them back to get repacked and polished thanks for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts