Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The muzzy kit with jets and fan is on its way, I notice people use different jet kits with the muzzy dual exhaust such as the dyna kit and the HW kit, is the kit that comes from muzzy adequate? and are fans failing out there? just wondered cause the fan is included with the kit. Also why is there a clear plastic hose leading away from the fan motor? Thanks .

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I don't know about the fan motor hose, I have seen it but...

The fans are not failing, even with a FST STD Bore kit my temp has never been high. THe Muzzy's Fan is a more efficient blade design and obviously stronger but rad mods are considered on the Teryx a radiator change to a high volume one or a different shroud, a fan change is bling but could make a difference on a REALLY hot day, I have not tried one so can't speak from experience. The Kit you are getting and the HW Kit both use DynaJet Jets I am pretty sure. They are sized differently than the Keihin that your machine comes with and that some people reference like me, I use Keihin jets. The conversion table is on JetsRus.com here is the link below.

Jets_R_Us_conversion_chart_mikuni_vs_dynojet_vs_keihin_sizes

Have fun installing your new stuff, the Teryx is a fun machine and the added bonus is the killer sound and torque. :) Muzzy's stuff is the best that I have found, it just works great and no hassles and always being upgraded like the new rear heat shield design that flows air through it and keeps the heat WAY down. Muzzy's is a company that listens to their customers and valuse their experience. Well worth the tiny bit extra money IMHO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I kinda thought the fan was a added bit of bling but if it is stronger and pulls a bit more air then its not a bad idea since its coming here anyway,might as well put it on, Thanks for the link on the jets I will look through it.grey goose.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yeah I kinda thought the fan was a added bit of bling but if it is stronger and pulls a bit more air then its not a bad idea since its coming here anyway,might as well put it on, Thanks for the link on the jets I will look through it.grey goose.
I would be curious to hear how much it runs once you get it installed as I know all the other Muzzy's stuff I have gotten have been 100%.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The fan blade is a super easy install and seems to work great. I haven't had any issue's of overheating in the desert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts