Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after every ride i always clean my teryx and my muzzy exhaust is always black at the ends where the endcaps are.is this normal or am i way rich?i have dyno jet 138 and 142 in it as of now and it seems to run good..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I disagree. I tune with A/F Meters, I have the Muzzy's WEGO III graphing AF Meter and the NGK from Hunterworks and on both my 08 and 09 there was black residue on the muffler outlets. I just removed my exhaust and I am working on installing the PRO system on my 09 but I will try to take a photo of what came off my 09 and the outlets have black residue on them and the machine is tuned well and runs KILLER, ask rustybas who I ride with how it runs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you can get your hands on a cheap infer red thermometer it will get you closer and tell you which cylender is fat and which one is lean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Teryx jetting

Have you ever used an A/F Ratio Meter on it? What year Teryx?
With the Muzzy exhaust do you still jet the rear cylinder richer? Will the a/f meter Show the rear cylinder needing more fuel? I have an 08' and thought it ran good until it beet the intake valves up. The machinist that that did the new valve job says it was way rich.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I jet the two cylinders to where they show 12 to 12.5 on the meters from about 1/4 throttle to WOT. At idle if I remember correctly the most lean I could get it with the new pilots was about 10.5. I bought my exhaust before they came with bungs, so I had bungs welded on before I installed the system. I also do use an infrared thermometer. They do help a lot, for instance on my 09, the exhaust only had one bung at the collector and I used the thermometer to fine tune my map somewhat on the PCIII/Brute Ignition. It was pretty close out of the box from DASA though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts