Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still waiting on the whisper core release, where they at?
I'm wondering if I can make my own......:laugh:
Any updates?

·
Registered
19 Posts
my muzzys started getting quieter and it started to lose a little top speed on back roads etc. then i removed the spark arrestors to find them plugged with muffler packing, I ran it without baffles at the big mud fest we had last weekend and was a big hit as far as sound goes, but definitely feels most power with baffles installed. I would be interested in quiet cores also for the trails.

·
Registered
780 Posts
humm, gonna have to look up the video and check out the sound. i like the muzzys but you do have to scream to be heard and i cant imagine that its good the the little mans ears.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ran without screens for the first 50 miles,3 bolts came out hard,had to tap on them several times but the 4th stripped. When it did a spark shot out and it was all over. Is that a hardened bolt and has anyone had to drill one out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I ran without screens for the first 50 miles,3 bolts came out hard,had to tap on them several times but the 4th stripped. When it did a spark shot out and it was all over. Is that a hardened bolt and has anyone had to drill one out.
Mine did the same thing. One of the beveled screws stripped out. I haven't fixed it yet.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Are you guys talking about the screws in the cans themselves? If so this is the first I heard of this.

One of my customers got his whisper cores in and he said he thought it might be too quiet now, LOL. Said it was no louder than stock with tip out.

My whisper cores slip right in my mufflers with no tapping with hammer and that is the way they are supposed to be. Magellan has something going on that is not just right.

I will be testing the cores soon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bolts? What bolts? Did you put the spacers in when you took the screens out?
Your funny Todd, the bolts you take out of the back for removing/installing the screens as we were talking about. Is that what that bag of extra parts and full instructions are for...lol

As I posted the first time I gave the bolt heads a good thunk-thunk several times to get them to come loose but no luck on the last one. A big spark shot out of my snap-on metric allen socket and it was all over, the head of the bolt was stripped out. Just curious if it's grade 8 or what. I'm going to be drilling in the next couple of weeks is all.

Thanks

I think the muzzys are loud as hell in the cab, and even worse harmonics in the passenger seat, My wife with ear protection muffs on and ipod buds in will not ride. I test rode in the passenger seat for a hear and it is way louder than the drivers side.Again standing outside the car as it drives by it's not bad at all. I don't think the quiet cores are the answer for me, I need to get that dog house insulated better,it's the harmonics from the pipes.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Whisper cores.

Anyone else out there running the whisper core and do you think it is alot louder than stock??? Just ordered a Muzzy with whisper cores off of Todd so I guess I will find out soon enough ...sure hope it is not too noisy because the wife and neighbours will shoot me! Thanks again Todd. Look forward to trying it out. :wave:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I missed the part about the screws on the end caps. I have stripped out a couple too and had to drill them out then take a pair of vise grips and grab the stub sticking out once the cap is off.

Funny about being loud, on my 08 it was louder in cab and on the 09 model it is very quiet in cab with Muzzy.

By they way if you didn't realize it, there is three set ups, straight thru pipe, quiet core which comes in it from Muzzy and now the whisper core.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I missed the part about the screws on the end caps. I have stripped out a couple too and had to drill them out then take a pair of vise grips and grab the stub sticking out once the cap is off.

Funny about being loud, on my 08 it was louder in cab and on the 09 model it is very quiet in cab with Muzzy.

By they way if you didn't realize it, there is three set ups, straight thru pipe, quiet core which comes in it from Muzzy and now the whisper core.
Comment on difference between the 08 and 09 sound level in the cab, For sure it's all the extra rubber matting on the 09 that's making the difference.I purchased some 1/4 in. foil backed insulation from NAPA, 2x4 foot chunk for $25. When I get some time I'm going to fasten and lay it around and over parts of the engine similar to the 09 set up.

I do have the quiet cores with my muzzy's, haven't gone back and checked but I think megallens test of the two was only about 2db? I couldn't tell you if thats a lot or not...

·
Registered
516 Posts
SRX.
You had your Muzzy's ceramic coated??? Do you think they made a difference for being cooler in the cab?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Todd, no I did not know this, so the whisper core has the lowest db rating, or the quiet core?
I am sorry, and I am not bashing anything here, the muzzys ARE just loud, plain and simple, not that I really mind, but yes you DO have to yell to talk to your passenger, which sucks for me cause my wife loves to go 4 wheeling, but she hates the loud ass sound...so much as....well....she just doesn't want to go as much as to have to put up with the loudness, that is my situation, I realize not everybody is in the same boat.

Junior, I have mine ceramic coated, and I can tell you it made a considerable difference in the heat in the cab 10 degree difference I think.

·
Registered
98 Posts
SRX.
You had your Muzzy's ceramic coated??? Do you think they made a difference for being cooler in the cab?
Junior, Made a huge difference in the heat as tee- mentined also, I will miss the heat in the winter tho.. for now it's nice to have done. Only insulation I used with the muzzy kit was....nothing. Just put some foil tape on the plastic flywheel cover is all,and zip tied some wires back.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks T.
I have ordered the ceramic coated Muzzy's with the whisper cores, which is supposed to be the quietest, can tell you a few weeks when I get them if they are worse that the stock with the tip removed or not? :wave:
I find the stock with the tip out is already pretty loud!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks T.
I have ordered the ceramic coated Muzzy's with the whisper cores, which is supposed to be the quietest, can tell you a few weeks when I get them if they are worse that the stock with the tip removed or not? :wave:
I find the stock with the tip out is already pretty loud!
I didn't know you could buy there pipes pre caoted...how much?

·
Registered
516 Posts
$100 from Todd at Hunterworks when ordered pipes ceramic coated, he said Muzzy will do it before they ship them to him, if I am quoting him right.
As for the heat for winter, I ordered heated seats so should be okay-ish!!!:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
$100 from Todd at Hunterworks when ordered pipes ceramic coated, he said Muzzy will do it before they ship them to him, if I am quoting him right.
As for the heat for winter, I ordered heated seats so should be okay-ish!!!:D
That's a good price, I got my muzzy's w/stainless muffs for $760 shipped and $130 for ceramic coating(local)...wish I had known about there cc service.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts