Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I received my Muzzy's Metal Stator cover today and it is a lot nicer than I expected.

Here are some quick pics I took when i opened the box.

Gasket

Cover front and back, NICE!!

Screws

Overall, I'm impressed this is VERY high quality and nice finish. WOW!!

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Yes a huge improvement over the plastic cover indeed!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
lmao,how much did muzzy charge you for that?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I am sure they did not charge him anything. His plastic cover was already burnt, so I am sure they just sent him that piece to replace the existing. The factory plastic cover is only something like $10 to replace.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure they did not charge him anything. His plastic cover was already burnt, so I am sure they just sent him that piece to replace the existing. The factory plastic cover is only something like $10 to replace.
+1, after I sent them the photo of the melted one they told me they would send me one that would not melt. I did not know at the time what Murray was talking about. Looks like a keeper, although I have not had a problem with the stock plastic one in over 35 miles of no fear kick ass in 2x4 until it gets hard to stay on the trail then go to 4x4 and pedal to the metal.... errr plastic with coated pipes and a 3/16 spacer on the regular Muzzy's #2 front head pipe heat shield. The coating is really doing a great job of keeping things cool. I have not put header wrap on the new coated front headpipe #2.

I am going to throw this new metal cover on just cause "it looks S-U-W-E-E-T!!!, Yea Baby!!" :)

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I will send you one of my billet alum. one's with my logo on it. You can't see it on the Teryx's so I did say anything about them before but i they are melting maybe I should offer them to my customers for these too. I can't remember how to post pics on here or I would.

·
Registered
293 Posts
thats weird,mr is normally the cheapest around for stock parts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
That is what I am thinking, you have the cover and then also the gasket.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats weird,mr is normally the cheapest around for stock parts
I have definitely NOT found MR to be cheaper on anything whatsoever. Everything is more expensive than I can get it by mail order by a pretty good margin. I still support them because I want a good dealer to succeed, especially one I have two extended warranties with. I have spent a lot of money there.

All I got was the plastic cover, no gasket (do they use a gasket?) and no screws, only the cover.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts