Teryx HQ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the mirror for 14.99, exhaust pipe clamps 3.00 and the L clamps had laying around. Yeah, I know it ain't exactly pretty, but...does the job. What y'all think:D

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bought the mirror for 14.99, exhaust pipe clamps 3.00 and the L clamps had laying around. Yeah, I know it ain't exactly pretty, but...does the job. What y'all think:D
Yeah, I had a weak moment when I saw a fancy black anodized billet one at Sandfest last month and I just had to have it. I should have just gotten an automotive application and made it fit as you did. would have had more mirror coverage at the expense of billet coolness and saved as you mention about $180... hehe

Ooo Found a link for lots of mirrors with brackets and such. Reasonable prices too, although a google search might find you lower prices.

·
Registered
293 Posts
where did the mirror come from?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't think you give yourself enough credit. It looks good. Maybe take the tag off is all.

Plus, the fact that you did it youself, and didn't spend $200 on it gives it own special appeal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the post I am looking for a mirror for mine but do not want to spend a fortune for something I will eventually smash. I think I might mount mine on the side of the roll cage. Does anyone else have ideas or different home made solutions?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Over @ Wal-Mart they have mirrors for $20 ea. that have everything to attach it to the roll cage. However they are designed to be the side view mirrors, so I suppose you would need to buy 2.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think it looks good Teee-rible, if you want to make it look a little cleaner spray the brackets and clamps with Flat Black paint and it will hide up against your roof. Overall looks like it works great and as was mentioned, is subject to get dinged potentially.

I like Jaybo, was lured astray by the Axxia bling, it works, but could be bigger.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I need a mirror and I personally don't want to spend $200 on it. So I'm heading to find the mirror and I've got the rest setting around the house. I will probably paint it black and put black electrical tape around the roll bar to keep scratches from the clamps to a minimum.

One question though. How's the vibration to the mirror? I can imagine theres got to be some.

Thanks for sharing!!

-BAJAXPIMPN

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the mirror at Autozone, yes the mirror does have some vibration ( not much though)
,like I said earlier...I was just trying to save some money, but I needed a mirror...in hindsight now...I would look for an old semi or truck mirror - you know the kind that are around 18 inches tall and use one of them instead of this 4 pieced together mirror.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts