Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put this together for $500. It sits in the front of the bed with the amp facing backwards.
JBL marine amp 60WX4 rms, 2 Polk MMC 690 3 way 6x9's, and 2 Kicker C10 subs.
This thing plays extremely loud and clear! The side of the stereo box has a 2 wire 8ga. sealed power plug, and there will be a matching plug on the inside of the bed. I will velcro the Ipod on the cosole, and also mount a rocker switch on the console to turn amp on and off. The switch harness has a 2 pin plug( like you see on a battery tender). The speaker terminals on bottom aren't used, it is wired internally.
All bolts are stainless hardware and through-bolted with fender washers and locknuts inside. The main battery wires will be ran under the bed near the pivot point, so bed will tilt without discnnecting wiring.
Ordered up an Odysee PC925 too. We'll see how the charging system handles it.
Of course it won't be cranked loud all the time, and I will leave the headlights off in the daytime.

Another bonus is this is like a self contained stereo, I can quickly take it out and use it anywhere with a car battery supply. Makes it easy to pressure wash everthing without worrying about spraying radio/speakers etc.

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Looks really nice my friend, how does it sound?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Very cool, a nice job indeed!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)Well, I rode a few hours at night, with high beams on and stereo on as loud as I could stand it to test charging system. No issues at all. I am going to wait on the pc925 I think...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts