Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 2008 Kawasaki Teryx. It is a beast!!! Raised the windshield 4" to beat the heat problem. Added a rear frame brace.

Here are the problems I have found:

1. I had a fuel leak at a fuel pump connection. The metal clamp on the hose had rusted. Replaced with a screw type hose clamp and problem solved. Good thing that I caught this!!! It was shooting out fuel.

2. I am concerned about the rust I found on most of the fuel hose clamps. Also there was rust on the both tie rod tops and all of the 4 outer A arm bolts were rusted above the cotter pins.

3. The engine case, and the front and rear differentials had a sort of white looking powder on them. Thet are also a little discolored. I wonder if this and the rusting is connected. Maybe some sort of electrolosis going on???

There is no other evidence that the machine has been exposed to moisture. The frame paint is great, all electrical connections are clean and rust free, etc. Has anyone dealt with this situation?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I replaced my fuel tank with a fuel cell this past weekend and noticed my fittings were alittle rusty also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts