Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started with a 09 Monster Edition T Rex. I ordered Muzzy's and the MSD straight from the dealer. I experimented with some maps from Dasa / Muzzy and Benchmark. Never really had anything to test off of, but they all ran right at 53 - 55 mph. :)

For the most part I did a little offroading in it, but it was more of a grocery getter / cruiser for my wife while we are in AZ. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a SSV Works stereo in it, but I'm not "installer" by any means, and screwed the installation up from the word go.. LOL The amp ended up on the front of the bed where it still sits today. Stereo sounds great though. :) SSV works definitely makes a good product!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Whos map are you going to run, at one time Dragonfire was doing the aftermarket Kawi stuff, but I talked to another vendor last night that was working close with Kawi on some new very interesting projects.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
After doing some more offroading in it, and going out with some guys that were Long Travelled, it became very apparent very quick, that this is what my T Rex was missing. :)

So I did some research and when it was all said n done, Long Travel Industries seemed to be a step above the rest. So I dropped my Teryx off over there for some upgrades. :) I told Brian it had to be sick and it had to be done by Turkey Day. I have some hook ups in the marine industry so I opted to have the powdercoating done by dana marine products . com 2 stage Candy, Metallic Blue, and the roof is Gloss black. They spend a great deal of time on the roof to insure no orange peel etc.. it looks like a mirror.

I can't say enough about the products / service of Long Travel Industries. They answered EVERY question I had, and spent the time to make sure I understood 100% what I was getting.

The car was done the day before turkey day, unfortunately I had just gotten off a very long flight and was in no shape to pick it up. Brian left his own Turkey day party, came down to the shop helped me load it up, and then gave me directions to get out of town with the least amount of traffic!

We went with a 4 Seat Cage Twisted Stitch Seats, DJ Safety Harnesses, and the LTI Kit with Kings.

www.longtravelindustries.com

www.twistedstitchinc.com

www.danamarineproducts.com

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whos map are you going to run, at one time Dragonfire was doing the aftermarket Kawi stuff, but I talked to another vendor last night that was working close with Kawi on some new very interesting projects.
Right now I'm running an LTI map.. but after the new year (perhaps before if Brian has time) It's going over to John at the Pro Shop to get Dyno Tuned. :)

RD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Please post your thoughts (good or bad) on it so far.. :)

Round 2 consists of

LTI Doors
HID Headlight (replacement bulbs)
Quick Release Steering / Momo Steering Wheel
Lighted Whip
and they are fixing the rear brake (someone drove it with the e-brake on for 20 miles or so, and completely cooked the rear brake)
Cooler Rack / Cooler

RD

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks real good. LTI obviously does top notch work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the comments. :)

I have been looking at pricing on wheels and holy smokes!! I remember buying wheels and tires for my quad for 400 - 500 bucks per set..

Now they are 400 - 500 bucks just for the wheels? I don't like the looks of the wheels that say "SS" on the center caps.. I have seen quite a few of them that say that, and none of them really appealed to me.

What's everyone else running?

RD

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you for the comments. :)

I have been looking at pricing on wheels and holy smokes!! I remember buying wheels and tires for my quad for 400 - 500 bucks per set..

Now they are 400 - 500 bucks just for the wheels? I don't like the looks of the wheels that say "SS" on the center caps.. I have seen quite a few of them that say that, and none of them really appealed to me.

What's everyone else running?

RD
If you get new rims, I may be interested in buying your stock ones.
12" right?

PT

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey RiverDave Teryx is looking good. Cool to see a guy with the best boating website on the best Teryx web site. Keep us updated on the progress.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks really cool, are you happy with the TS seats? I rode in a car with the Vortex ones and it felt like a flat board, no support. they look cool thought. but a far cry from the beard or B&S I have ridden in. very sharp looking car though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you get new rims, I may be interested in buying your stock ones.
12" right?

PT
It will be awhile before I have enough scratch to buy a different set of wheels.. LOL I'll keep you posted though.

Hey RiverDave Teryx is looking good. Cool to see a guy with the best boating website on the best Teryx web site. Keep us updated on the progress.
Nice to see a familiar face.. ;) I'm going to pick it up early next week and head straight to the river, so there will be more pics soon enough.

Looks really cool, are you happy with the TS seats? I rode in a car with the Vortex ones and it felt like a flat board, no support. they look cool thought. but a far cry from the beard or B&S I have ridden in. very sharp looking car though.
I'm very happy with them! The quality far exceeded my expectations. They make seats with a "deeper" bucket with sides that offer more support. This thing is used for cruising to my neighbors houses, and for my wife to go get groceries etc.. though so I didn't want something hard to get in and out of.

Point in fact Brian is making the doors lower to make it as easily accessible as possible while still having doors. :)

Check out the different models at www.twistedstitchinc.com :) I would highly recomend them.

I think you would like the TS1 or the Excel more..

·
Registered
65 Posts
It will be awhile before I have enough scratch to buy a different set of wheels.. LOL I'll keep you posted though.
Sounds good, I'm in the same boat, well not literally... ;)

I'd like some ITP's but my wife would notice them right away then I'd be in a doghouse, not a boat!

Besides, I think the black would go better w/ my camo setup anyways & I kinda like the looks of the black monster editions.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks great. I'm interested in a 4 seat cage and really like LTI's radius cage. That's what your's is correct?

As far as wheels, I really like the Motosport Diesel m12's in black. I plan to get a set of 14" ones.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great. I'm interested in a 4 seat cage and really like LTI's radius cage. That's what your's is correct?

As far as wheels, I really like the Motosport Diesel m12's in black. I plan to get a set of 14" ones.
Yes mine is an LTI radius cage.. :)

I was looking at those diesel wheels they look nice! We have a lot of rocks around where we ride though, and I was concerned those little protrusions on the wheels would get beat to hell in one ride, and then the rims wouldn't look good.

RD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked it up from LTI and went to the river last weekend for New Years..

Here's the pics with the new additions. :)

I didn't get pics of the lighted whip, or the steering wheel etc.. But you can see Doors and cooler rack etc. :)

RD

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Damn Dave the Rex is looking sharp. How did it perform over New Years? Did you guys freeze your asses of at Parker?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts