Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a side by side and came across a friend that has a 2008 Teryx with 140 hours on it. Has Gorilla axles and 3"lift, along with ITP 112 wheels with larger 28" ITP mud tires and snorkel kit. I can get it for $6500. Is this a good deal? I will definitely be checking the oil and air filter before committing to purchase a used ATV with this many hours. Thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
are you going to mud bog it?if not i would pass this up.you know its been put through the ringer.you could find a good 08 model that hasnt had this abuse for around the same money.

·
Registered
604 Posts
no its not the hours..the large mud tires and heavy axles with snorkles....its been ass deep to a tall indian in alot of mud and water.it may be alright but i for one would pass it up or any atv or utv that has been mud bogged.

·
Registered
207 Posts
are you going to mud bog it?if not i would pass this up.you know its been put through the ringer.you could find a good 08 model that hasnt had this abuse for around the same money.
I would pass also. Too many things you could miss checking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much should i look at spending for a new 2009 or 2010 teryx LE? do you think this is a better unit than the rhino. I have a 09 Grizzly 700 FI EPS now and am wanting to add a UTV to my garage. Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think it's a good deal,If u plan on doing the mud riding it's all setup already. I couldn't find a used one for that price. If u can work on it yourself buy it. But if u can find a new 08 at the dealer u can get them down to around $7500.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
If buying used check to see if everything is tight, good compression, clean fluids, shifts in and out of gear properly... etc.
Make sure you are not buying someones elses headache. The aftermarket parts are nice, as you get very little for them on the sale and if you were going to add them anyways, its a nice bonus.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree...I typically shy away from atvs or sxs's with snorkels and such...the snorkels are on there for one thing and its probably been used for that one thing. A friend bought a RZR that had 30" Silverbacks, 6" lift, axels, snorkels, the whole works and done right, and he's had to spend a ton to put the thing back to stock and get rid of all the problems.

As for the money on the unit, I gave right at $7k for mine and its an 08 that had right under 60 miles and 20 hours or so...the plastic on the bottom skid plate had never had so much as a scratch put on it. Very very clean unit that had been putted around on...of course I had to change the oil, plugs, and other minor stuff because it had been sitting up a while, but I think I got a good deal on a nearly new unit...versus buying a new 09 for 2 or 3k more. But when I came across that one I couldnt pass it up because there were no 09's out there for less than $10k that I found and very few, if any 08's that were worth the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts