Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the 840 kit from four stroke tech. I need an exhaust to go with it. I can't find any reviews on the dual yoshimura set up but would like to know about it. I know the Muzzy's super but I think maybe a bit loud even with the whisper cores....(100db?). I am looking for the best compromise between power and noise. Will the hmf swamp series work?...they are around 94db at 5000rpm they say?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I'd wait to see if DASA finally finishes off his BBK exhaust and compare it against the Muzzy. He says it will be ready soon. It should be worth waiting a couple weeks for.

·
Registered
516 Posts
"840 kit and quiet" just don't seem to go together!
Sorry, it is not like peanut butter and jam... wait a few weeks like DougS said and see how the Dasa turns out and if it is quiet. I don't think Dasa can make quiet pipe but I guess we will find out. My brother had their exhaust on his bored and stroked TRX450 and it was definately nowhere near quiet! My neighbours loved him...:laugh:

·
Registered
983 Posts
"840 kit and quiet" just don't seem to go together!
I agree ..... even the muzzy is ALOT louder on an 840. We will db test the muzzys and the dasa's at the same specs.

see how the Dasa turns out and if it is quiet. I don't think Dasa can make quiet pipe but I guess we will find out.
Well our race series pipes meet ama standards. The pipes we sell the most of are the louder versions. Most of our customers want the HP and like the sound. We will have options for Teryx owners for sure. It just takes time to do all the development and work. We will have all the info ..... it will just take some time.

My brother had their exhaust on his bored and stroked TRX450 and it was definately nowhere near quiet! My neighbours loved him...:laugh:
He can get a quiet core ..... 16" 99db canister or other options to make it quieter. Bottom line the bigger core is louder and willmake more HP on built bikes.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
teryx exhaust

I know it will probably have to be louder....but I can give up some hp as long as the exhaust I choose WILL WORK. I have three little boys that ride in the back seat and I don't want to take a chance with their hearing be damaged over time. I was hoping someone knew if the HMF swamp series would work at all with the 840 kit and to what extent it would do so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts