Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. I have a 09 Teryx, 2.5" lift, and vforce John clutch mod. Where I ride, 70% of it is sand and gravel mix. The other 30% of the time I'm either crossing a creek or going through mud pits. What I need is some advice on what tire would be best choice for those situations. I have 27" Pirelli Mudwisers on right now, which suck in the sand/gravel. I want to stay 27" or possibly go up to 28". I have looked at the Dirt Devil 2's, Swamplites, Big Horns, and EFX MTC's. Just can't figure out what's the best. Can anyone help? I'm open to any brand also, I don't have a favorite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Go big horns they are good all around tire, works great in sand, gravel, rocks, dirt roads, and hard surface, they are not the best in the mud but they ride great and handle great and wear great, they will get you by in the mud in 4wd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
I vote 27" bighorns, I never measured them but have no problem turning them with my 08, dynatec cdi and dalton clutch kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
I am giong with a set of pit bull growlers.9 x 27.5.They do measure 28.5. Check out the reviews. Big horns checked my buds are 26 and a light 1/2 tall with 14 lbs air. Teryx with a few mods,they spin to much. my 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I'm going to get the Pitbull Rockers! Not sure if I'm getting 25.5s or the 26.5s....I've ready many reviews that state they beat every tire out there right now, even the Big Horns...but they are also a great tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow the Pit Bull Growlers sounds like they might be a winner. They seem to have a little more aggressive look than the Bighorns. I just wonder how good they will do in the sandy gravel. On another note...has anyone heard of or have any reviews on EFX Moto MTC's. The biggest size is 26" with 14 " wheels. Can't really find any good info on them though. Guess that could be a sign.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
pit bull rockers!

I have 800 miles on my pit bulls and they look like new. Been to the desert twice, on the farm and some road. I also like the smooth ride and they stick like glue to rocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Rocker Tires

My rockers are 25.5x10r12.These are a little taller than stock. IF they did take away power they are well worth it,these are great tires. The radial tires that I had before these were goodyear and if felt like rideing on top of a bowl of jello
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok Im going to go with 27" Growlers. Oh and by the way, thanks for all the input from everyone. I have one more question though. My dad as an 08 Rhino 700 FI. He is wanting new tires also and his machine is bone stock, special edition. Would it be okay to go with 27" Growlers on his, or would it slow it down too much?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top