Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for brakes, and whould like to what is available for upgrading the crappy stock ones. Are there aftermarket rotors and better pads available for my 08? Let me know what you guys are doing for brakes that ride lots of trails and have long down hill rides.
Also how about the guys that dont have engine braking like me work the really steep down hills. I live in IN but work in the Knoxville area and have opportunity to ride East TN mtns every month. Windrock, Brimstone, Oliver Springs and my brakes will fade to nothing on a long technical downhill to the point where i am having to let them cool off and then i still have to apply all the force i got to get it under control. My 08 only has 250 miles and i run 26" tires, two seater.

thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
yea front brakes wear quickly,yas there are better pads out there,but if there fading on long down hills id bet your rears are pretty wore,and even bet you drove through p brake a few times,like the rest of us,good news is rear brakes are simple to change too,i watched and kept kywildcat74 beer cold while he replaced his rear.we ride in same areas as you black mtn,windrock,brimestone,land between the lakes. kywildcat prob be happy to point you in the right direction on good front pads and parts you will need for rear. just pm him

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just ordered my servere duty front pads from hunterworks.com seem to be fine but do not know longivity yet

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just picked up my Severe duty pads. Lets hope that helps. My rear is still good the e-brake still holds the rex on steep hills. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you need decent brakes on your Teryx, BilletKing has a rear brake kit that consists of new rear uprights (bearing carrier) and new hubs.
You just swap out the bearings from your stock uprights and press them into the new BilletKing ones. Then purchase the front brake calipers etc. from your local Kawasaki dealer and bolt them on. Simple enough.
These brakes are used on the Team Green Teryx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts