Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
In the middle of my first clutch removal and I'm pulling the primary and as I'm setting my puller the clutch spins with the puller. My worry is that I will strip the threads. I have removed the puller a couple of times and I'm only about half way in on the threads. Then the puller seats and the primary spins with. Since I don't want to mess this up can someone please give me some advice. Has anyone had this happen? Does anyone use a prybar/screwdriver to keep primary in place and keep threading in the puller futher so it pushes properly? Does anyone know how far roughly the puller threads in before the clutch comes off. I have about 1600 km on the bike and this is the first time the clutches have come off.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
No problem man just put a screw driver or pry bar in to hold it, if you want you can wrap a rag around your pry bar to protect from scrathing anything, but just keep screwing the puller in you will fill it break loose, once it gets tight you won't have to turn it very much until it breaks loose, it will be very clear as soon as it breaks you can pull it right off.

·
383 Posts
Use an impact to break it loose, then you can just hold it with your hand.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done deal worked great. Kit is in and ran my first time around the block things seem great. What a bunch of work to pull that thing apart. Gonna need a parts list for tools to remove that crap on the trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts