Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im new here. just traded in a polaris quad on a 09 teryx, after about an hour of riding my speedo starts dropping going to zero let off the fuel and it goes back up, give it fuel goes back down. then it kicks the beltlight on, then goes into limp mode. has anyone had this problem because i dont know where to start any info would relly help thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello everyone having some problems with my teryx, speedo starts dropping let off the fuel goes back up, give it fuel goes back down, then belt light cuts on ,and then limp mode need help dont know where to start. new to sxs.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
With the limp mode check to see if the belt deflection is correct. How many miles/hours on it.

What year Teryx? FI or carb?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 2009, 3000 miles. just had a new belt put on a few months ago, took it to dealer today and they put a speed sensor on it. i'll keep posted how it does going riding tommorow.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The speed sensor may have been the issue but here is what it is telling you if it is all working right. With your speedo not working I would agree speed sensor though.

When ground speed and engine rpm don't closely match the ECU thinks the belt is slipping so it goes into limp mode.

So if your speed sensor is bad, it will be telling the ECU it is going slow but the CPS (crank position sensor) will be telling it, it has RPM then it goes into limp mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts