Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused::confused:is it really neccasary to torque the secondary pulley on re-installation for proper deflection or is tight with impact ok? i cannot figure out a way to hold secondary while trying to turn with torque wrench without using special tool, someone said in previous post about using zip ties but i dunno how they used those. I watched a you tube video while back and seems to me installer just tightened it with impact and video was pretty good quality so i assume guy new what he was doin but maybe there was a part left out when he torqued both pulley's. I dont understand how this could affect deflection but i am not a clutch expert, this is my first time in one. Input please!!!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Very important to get the proper torque to keep the correct deflection.

Sorry I wasn't able to respond of the weekend but if the numbers you gave in the other post are correct you will want to remove 1.2mm of shim to get the proper deflection.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very important to get the proper torque to keep the correct deflection.

Sorry I wasn't able to respond of the weekend but if the numbers you gave in the other post are correct you will want to remove 1.2mm of shim to get the proper deflection.
Any suggestions on how to hold secondary without special tool?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Any suggestions on how to hold secondary without special tool?
You can build one if you have a welder.

Use two flat bars welded in a Y pattern then drill holes in the end and install bolts into them. You just need to grab 2 of the 3 holes in th face of the secondary. You may even be able to use one long flat bar with two holes but I am not sure if the holes on the secondary will allow it.

A pin spanner would also work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts