Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently run 09 teryx with vfj clutch, 2'' snorkels,supertrapp slip on, MSD,clean stock air filter. Problem is when I added the msd on setting 4 ,It runs great , tuns more out of the hole ,snappy throttle responce,nice 67mph top end, but when you first start it , it idles alittle higher than normal then goes down to little lower than normal and alittle choppy and stays there until you hit the gas again. Is this normal ,I also tried adding 2 1'' holes on top of the airbox for alittle more air but did not change anything . Checked plugs twice ,they are not showing really anything nor black or white,slight black at the top of threads . And does not make a difference if it is warmed up or cold. I was thinking just from the timing advance that this is normal, because when I put it on setting 3 which is stock, it idles fine but big loss in power.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would call whomever u bought msd from cuz #4 setting on msd would be a custom map that they put in. I noticed from your avatar it Looks like you modded your stock front bumper, can u post a better pic? looks pretty good. Cant tell much from small avatar pic. I need to do something to my bumper as the stock gaurd is about destroyed and need some ideas. Don't really wanna spend big $ on a new aftermarket one that i just smash thru the brush.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it from vforce john he installed some custom maps for me .I called him today and he said its the timing advancement we used on initial throttle so no worries . He is pretty good with these kawi's.And for the little mods I have I can just barely pull front tires and then she starts to burn out ,thats on black top. So it's a good piece of mind now. When I get my muzzy's I'm going to have it dyno tuned. EEZ I just did the stock bumper mod .Mine plastic too were just about shot . So I welded 2 pieces of 1'' gas pipe to it.Actually very strong and cheap. One above stock upper brace slightly bent out and the other like a bull bar. Came out so so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would post a pic but it won't let me says I have to make at least 10 posts . I will once I get there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try , never had anything like that before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It worked , also I made the front plate out of 3/8 aluminim and made it go under the front as a skid .Just some stuff I had laying in the garage.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice job man, thanks for posting. Gonna do something similar. U live nearby vfj? Wish i woulda went with his clutch, bought dalton kit but havent installed it yet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea pretty close about 1/2 hour away ,but worth the drive instead of paying shipping.His clutch work is awsome night and day difference.I did primary mod and both primary and secondary springs from him. Worth every penny of $425

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you pull your own clutch and take it to him or just take the whole Teryx to him? I sent him an email to see if I could just bring my Teryx and have him pull/mod/reinstall the clutch and what it would cost if he offers that complete job service. I'm about 2 hours south of you all but I'll drive it to know the job is done right.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nice job man, thanks for posting. Gonna do something similar. U live nearby vfj? Wish i woulda went with his clutch, bought dalton kit but havent installed it yet
Hey eez no problem, even with Johns stage 3 mod to really do it right you still need a spring and wieght kit so you can adjust your clutch, John has a spring kit that he sells also that does similar to what the Dalton does, his mod and clutch kits does 2 separate things, Johns stage 3 mod changes the angle on the sheaths making the belt grip better and he takes alot of wieght off of the clutch and clutch cap so it is lighter and runs cooler and does not need the od clutch cap, his mod also takes care of that and then your wieght and spring kit adjust the shifting rpms and helps keep your engine running in the rpm range that is best suited for your motor or cam set up and also for what tires you are running and for the wieght of your Rex, you might have already knew all of this but if so maybe it will help someone else that don't.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Southco I toke my clutches there but for extra $ I'm sure he will take it apart for you. I did stage 3 primary and changed both secondary/primary vfj springs paid $425-$450 can't remember.springs are his recommendations. Bigdaddy yes it is a maier roof and lovin it so far ,didn't want to loose any roof clearance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts