Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having trouble with my teryx dying on me like when your driving and come to a stop it will die.it does it when you first start riding it or if you been riding for a while.doesn't do it every time you stop but just gets aggravating.its completely stock except wheels and tires and took
out spark arrestor.does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this.thanks any help would be appreciated.it is a 2009

·
383 Posts
How many hours on it? Mine does the same thing, and I am sure it is because when I did my 840 kit, I think I might have the valves a bit to tight. It runs good but always stalls when I stop, but starts up and idles fine afterwards. If you have alot of hours on your machine it might be in need of a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has 79 hours on it.i mean if you get on it or just driving runs good ,starts good. just having this issue when you have to stop or hit the brakes fast. its aggravating

·
Registered
82 Posts
is that the only thing it could be runs great except for this
i was having a similar problem and it was cause i sunk the teryx in water and got my coils wet did that for a full day run great just wood die if you stopped or braked hard or slowed down fast. I took both coils of and blow dried them for a while to get them nice and dry. Seemed to work stopped happening after that.

P.S. i left it park for a week to and the problem just went away.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Idle is controlled by three things.

Crank position sensor, ECU and Idle speed control valve.

CPS tells ECU how fast it is going and then the ECU tell the ISC valve how much to open.

The throttle plates are closed during idle, idle air goes from the air box thru ISC valve then in a passage under the throttle plate.

Your issue may be your ISC control valve might be just dirty, you can take it apart and clean it, might need a new one.

There is a idle speed on the throttle but we only mess with it when we do engine kits.

Todd

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mine has been doing it for a while i really haven't had it in deep water or mud.i appreciate the suggestions

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
were is the isc valve is it hard to get to.thanks for the help hunterworks i will be calling soon for the stop kit checked air filter today and there was some oil in there first time it has ever done that since i bought it in 2009

1 - 13 of 13 Posts