Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help wiring up some of the kragen 4" hid's. i have a 3 switch sand sealed panel with one switch wired up to run my lights. i had 2 of the hid's hooked up, but just upgraded to 5 of them. when i power up the lights, only a few of them come on at a time. they are also random when they light up. when i bypass the switch and go right to the battery, all 5 fire up no problem using the same wires (12 gauge i think). do i need to run a relay? any ideas? thanks!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
53 Posts
your switch prolly isnt rated to handle all 5 lights. i would only do 2 lights max to 1 switch, but you can use a relay which would help, but that too has to be rated to handle all 5 lights. its prolly best to use a relay for each switch too but not necessary..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks..ill try that...what relays should i run?

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
You could use one switch and as many relays as you need just power the relays with the switch.

I would recommend putting two lights on one switch and three on another cause you going to drain your battery with all five on and you will want to turn three off at some point.

Get a voltmeter too so you will know if you draining your batter down.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Give us a call we can help you out and point in the right direction...

2 ligths per switch unless you use a relay..
that is very cool of you! thanks, i might take ou up on the offer....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts