Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Teryx and im sick of getting passed buy RZRs and Rhinos. So im just wonderin whats the best way to get about 100kmph out of my unit im planning on clutching it but i heard that wont improve my speed because the teryx has a speed limiter not a rev limiter. Any tips would be great.

·
Registered
983 Posts
MSD with dasa maps installed, dasa od cover .... these mods will remove the speed liniter, allow you to adjust the rev limiter and are BASELINE mods to anything else you plan on doing. This will get you well into the 60MPH range.

From there i would go with Dasa pipes and Dasa 38mm throttle bodies. I run this exact combo on my 2010 teryx and it has no issues with rzr s Pm me or give me a call

619-840-7148

Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ya, What he said. Only Dasa's not the only kid on the block. Don't forget to shop around Eh!

But you will have no problem getting a little more than 100kph out of the Teryx with a MSD, full duel exhaust and an OD clutch cover. Cost a a few bucks though.

In my personal opinion, Kawi intended us to do this. They chocked the sh!it out of this machine stock. It has so much more potential than you could ever tell from Stock.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not crazy about putting an MSD in my bike a buddy of mine put one on his rhino and about a month later put the conecting rod out through the engine. i was wondering if i could swap out some of my parts with parts off a brute force??

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You will not ever run over 51 mph until you install a MSD because it has a speed and rev limiter, the MSD will not cause any harm to your Teryx, if I bought a new Teryx I would not even crank it until I ordered a MSD and Muzzy exhaust, that will get you close to 65 mph, add an od clutch cap and get 2-3 more mph mine ran 68 mph with those mods before I went into the engine to get another 10-15 mph, which is a work in progress.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
im not crazy about putting an MSD in my bike a buddy of mine put one on his rhino and about a month later put the conecting rod out through the engine. i was wondering if i could swap out some of my parts with parts off a brute force??
I assure you it was not the MSD that caused his issue. He was low of oil or water or over heated it due to a dirty radiator.

We have sold over 1000 of these for the Rhino and no one has ever called us and told us this. I even run my own Rhino 500 more RPM than we send them out with no problems

The MSD, Muzzy pipe, dalton clutch kit and a overdrive clutch plate will have you whipping those vehicles.

Todd

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats great sounds like a msd is the way to go thanks fellas.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a muzzy pipe,msd and overdrive plate and have seen 68 mph on my speedo. Make sure you buy a msd from someone who programs it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts