Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm going to go with an 840 kit within the next couple weeks. Need some info from you guys in the know. Does injector size have anything in common with jet size? We are at altitude out her and all of the machines have to be jetted down to run properly. With the injection it obviously takes care of itself. But when you go big bore ... would altitude keep you from having to increase injector size? I feel I might be looking at it all wrong. I just don't know if the high altitude would extend what duty cycle an injector can handle.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Big bore kits NEED larger injectors to keep the duty cycles in check. The stock injectors are completely maxed out. I would say that even in Salt Lake larger injectors would be a great idea.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looks like I'm going to go with an 840 kit within the next couple weeks.

Well get ready to be blown away by the power.. Turns it into the feel of a sport qaud. Just make sure you have a temp gauge to monitor your temp. Mine stays below 195 deg now that I figured out the combination of MY riding conditions . You will just have to see what your cooling system can handle with your conditions. I would recomend the VForce Johns clutch kit with the 840.. It keeps the engine in peak power though out the shifting of the clutch. Just wait till you hit that first big bowl with your 840 :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts