Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these for my 2009 KRF750 Teryx LE:
26 x 9R - 12 Maxxis M917 Bighorn Radial Front Tire-TM16678100

The kawasaki dealer told me these will not work on this unit. Is this correct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your new Bighorns are only 1" wider than the factory front tires. You shouldn't have any problem running them on your machine. There are a lot of people running 10" wide tires on the front of their Teryx but they have aftermarket wheels. I wouldn't be afraid to run the 26x9s on the factory fronts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your new Bighorns are only 1" wider than the factory front tires. You shouldn't have any problem running them on your machine. There are a lot of people running 10" wide tires on the front of their Teryx but they have aftermarket wheels. I wouldn't be afraid to run the 26x9s on the factory fronts.
thanks. However I plan to run these 26x9s on the front and back. I understand that they may not fit on the factory back wheels but is there any issue with sticking these on aftermarket wheels for the back?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You won't have any trouble at all if you get aftermarket wheels as long as they are the same width all the way around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You won't have any trouble at all if you get aftermarket wheels as long as they are the same width all the way around.
if you're putting the same size tires on the front and back the rims need to be the exact same width? I ask since I'm assuming the stock configuration is not like this since the tires in front/back are different widths

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exactly. The factory front wheels are narrower than the factory rears. I don't think you would have much trouble putting your tire on the stock wheels but you're better off with the same width all the way around just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
214 Posts
As mentioned aftermarket wheels 12x7 4+3 will not be an issue. Here is a photo of one of our managers rides with 26x9-12 on all 4 wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts