Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i think i need to adjust my belt tension when pulling out in high u can feel it slippin and if you get it under a strain u can feel it jerkin plus if leave it in gear u can hear it chirping or whining.i have 54 hours on it never been adjusted.should i let the dealer do it it will cost a 150 dollars at the dealer.i was going to do it myself but never done it but time i buy the tools it will be more than a 150 dollars.belt deflection tool was 132 dollars clutch puller 60 bucks and spring compression tool is 85 i believe.any advice would be appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
utv crap about 84 for the puller & compression tools. Compression tool is not hard to rig. Not hard to figure the deflecton. 12 lbs. I think it was hunterworks has a good video. But it is a pretty big job. First time is the hardest good luck.

·
383 Posts
Spend the money, do it yourself and break even this time. Get intimate with your machine, learn how she works and what she likes then save money by massaging her yourself the next time she needs an adjustment!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Like Todd(Hunterworks) said no need for belt deflection tool. The puller can be purchased on Ebay $28. Watch one of hunterworks install video. The job takes about two hours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exersist required

I have only 13hrs on the new 09 teryx. When started and put into High belt light flashes, F1 code flashes and speedo only reads 00 when moving. Out of frustration I drove it back to the farm yard about 15 min from the house and it cleared itself. Belt light quit flashing, F1 code quit flashing, and speedo started reading. It ran great for the rest of the day. I shut it off and started it many times though out the ride (rum stops) every seamed OK. The next day same thing. I phoned the dealer and they are as clueless as i am. I traced all the connections, reseated the ground wires to bare metal on the frame and reconnected the battery. Everything seamed good for the next ride. Today same thing. I am beginning to think it is haunted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
hunterworks is correct, you don't need the deflection tool to adjust if all you want to do is make the adjustment better. However you do need the deflection tool if you want to make sure the deflection is set correctly. It also makes calculating what shims to put in very easy to get the correct defflection without guessing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts