Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know why but I have had a problem with my neutral. I can start it up fine drive a few minutes then when I put it into neutral the light will not come on. So if I turn it off and then try to crank it back up it will not start. I'll have to wait a few minutes (10-15) move the shifter around then the light will come back on and it will start. Why is this happening? And how can i fix it?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Dont know why but I have had a problem with my neutral. I can start it up fine drive a few minutes then when I put it into neutral the light will not come on. So if I turn it off and then try to crank it back up it will not start. I'll have to wait a few minutes (10-15) move the shifter around then the light will come back on and it will start. Why is this happening? And how can i fix it?
If wiggling it does not make it come on, it might be the sensor going bad. Not much to the sensor really and never heard of a bad one but something is not letting the light come on.

What happens if you step on brake and try to start it? Don't have to be in neutral to start it with brake on

·
383 Posts
I agree with Doug, it is definatly a shifter linkage adjustment issue.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Same issue I had. If you remove the cover for the air filter and the main engine shroud.(three screws bunch of plastic rivets) you can access the linkage just under the air filter from the passenger side. Loosen lock nut and adjust main long bolt until light stays one for neutral. Thats the way I did it anyway. Hope that helps. Once done re-tighten locking nut and your good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts