Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got finished with some mods, I built the front and rear bumpers out of stainless pipe. I had Tap Plastics form a low windshield that I cut to fit the same screws as the hood where it fastens to the dash. I also made a smoked plastic sun roof with a visor and spoiler on the rear for kicks. I just got a removable windshield built tonight but the didn't get pictures of it yet. Also the seats are the Jet trim with Ostrich and such. I will provide more details if any body likes the mods. I am out to the Oregon Sand Fest tomorrow am so I won't be picking up any emails until Sunday night.

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Looks great...ya those Jet Trim seats are really nice! :good:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Looks great.
How is the roof for towing? Can it handle highway speeds and not crack like the factory version?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know about the cracks yet. It will get road tested today. I did drill the roll bars and insert rubber grommets/ nuts into the holes with rubber spacers and rubber/ stainless washers so the whole deal is rubber to rubber contact with nothing touching steel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious about your thoughts on the front bumper. Be honest. It was my very first attempt at building anything like this.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I like that it protects and follows the front plastic. Do you have caps for the top of the U for water protection and maybe a hole at the bottom for drainage?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The roof never cracked after riding it hard on the dunes for 5 days. The windshield, however did crack. I need to research what kind of plastics they should be made from to resist cracking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts