Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got my dynatek cdi and bought dynojet stage one jet kit. When i took my carbs off, the front jet was a 135, rear 140, jet kit is telling me to start at 134 front 138 rear. Is there a difference between oem jets and aftermarket? The kit has needles and springs and just want to know if there is a difference between the two. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey guys, just got my dynatek cdi and bought dynojet stage one jet kit. When i took my carbs off, the front jet was a 135, rear 140, jet kit is telling me to start at 134 front 138 rear. Is there a difference between oem jets and aftermarket? The kit has needles and springs and just want to know if there is a difference between the two. Thanks for any help.
Dynojet numbers (stage one kit?) are the same as stock Kawas...I believe...but I also believe I could be wrong...really need more info. Unfamiliar with the kit you got, but different sizes have more to do with "adjustments" then with the numbers, for instance...your kit may be adjusting for spring tension and or clip position, that's why numbers may be "per sey" lower than what they originally were. (So don't freak that they say go lower) The kit you got, does it tell where to place the clips (?), does it tell where the idle screw should be (?) I am pretty certain the kit has different springs...so the numbers are "allowing" for that also...rambling on and on...to sum it up Dyno and Kawa's jet numbers are the same - ahh finally answered it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the kit gives clip position, As for stage one kit, the insturctions and box both say stage one. Not sure what it means. Thanks for the help guys, now im only half confused about this carb kit.. Thats better than when i started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts