Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've had my Teryx since the first of march and am extremely happy with. I've added a winch and GBC dirt tamers mounted on moto alloy wheels. No engine mods yet, looking at a cdi, pipe and some jetting. I have a 04 Prairie 700 that has been modified somewhat, pipe,cdi,machined clutch,springs and weights, air box mods and jetting. With those mods the Prairie ran as quick as I needed to and the reliabilty is great.
Hoping to learn on here what everybody else is doing and pick out the mods that will work for me. Thanks for any help you can give in the furture.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the site ram! You will find the CDI makes a nice difference in power - I have the dynatek programmable CDI and love it. I would take a hard look at the Hunterworks CDI and their jet kit. I have both and it makes a big difference! Next on my list is the Muzzy full system, I talked to two people at Sandfest last weekend and both said the Muzzy made the biggest difference in performance. The other cool thing is they sound really nice and are not very much louder than the stock muffler!

I'm in Oregon, where are you?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there, great to have you with us! :wave:

You will find that the Dynatek CDI is a popular choice among Teryx owners as is the Muzzys exhaust. Honestly my friend you are only limited by your wallet, so I would suggest hiding it ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm located in Southern Indiana, we ride mostly woods and open fields. Been to Hatfield- Mccoy a few times with the Prairie, we are planning a trip to Brimstone in TN this fall.
This is my first Ute and so far its been a blast, just have to remember how wide it is. Let me know when you get your pipe how loud it is, I have a HMF with the arrester installed on the Prairie and it is on the loud side. Looking for something to pick up performance without being too loud. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cool! Yeah the width is one thing, but the weight is another if you are used to a quad. You can't just wrestle a Teryx around if you get it stuck :) I learned that this past weekend :)

I have heard the muzzy up close and personal and tey are are very mellow, they sound very togh, with a nice mellow harly like rumble, but they are not obnoxious at speed like many of them. I have not seen the HMF but I do know that along with the spark arrestor they also have a quiet insert as well. I am waiting for Hunterworks to do some dyno testing so we can see what the numbers look like. I'm hoping they can get the HMF system as well, as I have a hookup for them. I want to get the best option though, so that's where my money is going :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome and glad you are here. Like was said above the cdi is the first mod I would do. Get with Todd at Hunterworks he will hook you up. Post up some pics of your adventures and machine when you get a chance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts