Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Thought I drop in - just bought a "new" '08 Teryx base model. Looked hard at the LE, but for $900 more, it seems I can probably add my own windshield, roof and speedo gauge for about half that.

The speedo is my first priority - anybody have opinions on whether to just get what Kawasaki offers or are any of the after-market brands like Vapor any good?

Any advice on roof and windshield/half windshield will be appreciated as well. I'm picking mine up tomorrow (Tues.).

Rick

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there, great to have you with us :wave: we look forward to seeing you around often.

Honestly, I would almost say just go with the OEM dash versus the vapor...I have the vapor and while it is nice, sometimes it is nice to just have something that is plug and play.

As far as the roof and windshield, let me first ask you if you are planning on keeping the factory cage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Is there any reason I should be wanting to replace the factory cage? Hadn't planned on it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Definetly go with the stock speedo. Much easier install, simple plug and play. The vapor is nice, I have one, but its a major pain to install, and I dont like the idea of running a cable and drilling my spindle to mount it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome and I have to agree go with stock Kawi. I have the vapor and if I had to do it again I would go stock Kawi for sure. You can probably find a stock roof and windshield if that is the route you want to take also.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I would not get the Kawasaki roof, I personally think it sucks..(I have one)...it looks crappy too! Well in comparison to the other aftermarket aluminum ones anyway. For that matter, if you ride in a lot of woods (I do) limbs and branches are always getting pulled into the roof and roll bar, due to the design. When water and condensation builds up on that roof...it of course rolls right down on you...it never fails. The ONLY reason I bought the LE was momma wanted a dumping bed. I do like the stock speedo, and I do like the half windshield...the roof...:eek:

Oh, and welcome aboard!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts