Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone Im new to the site and thought I would ask you guys about wheel spacers.Where to get them and what size, I was thinking 1 1\2 would be fine maybe even 1 inch
I was looking at sidebyside sports as they are a little cheaper than the other sites I looked at and appear to be of the same quality. I appreciate any feed back thanks

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Welcome to the site, for the most part spacers are spacers.

Get the size you want, install them, and enjoy your machine. One thing to keep in mind, they will change the steering geometry and you will find that your machine does push a little in the turns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info my new tires are hitting my shock resevoires in the rear, they have actually dented them so I want to get some just for the rear

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the site from Louisianna, you can just install them on the rear if you are just having trouble on the rear and you are doing it for tire clearance only, putting them on the rear only will have almost no affect on the driving or steering of your car, putting them all the way around will give you more stability and also helps the appearance in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
hi everyone Im new to the site and thought I would ask you guys about wheel spacers.Where to get them and what size, I was thinking 1 1\2 would be fine maybe even 1 inch
I was looking at sidebyside sports as they are a little cheaper than the other sites I looked at and appear to be of the same quality. I appreciate any feed back thanks
I used to be a spacer fan but no longer. Putting them on the front does little good on stability and makes steering effort increase.

Putting them on front or back gives the suspension more leverage so you will have to turn the pre-load on shocks up as it will sit lower.

As far as handling, either front or back will make it harder to turn in fast turns, it will make it want to push in fast turns.

All this come from my cross country racing experience. I believe in this so much I won't even sell them

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts