Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my name is Justin and I live in Texarkana Texas. I have read quite a few posts on here and it seems that you all have a vast wealth of knowledge to share. I am looking forward to learning from all of you.

I just picked up my new 2010 Teryx yesterday and am already feeling the mods addiction creeping in. First and foremost is definitely tires, but most likely wheels and tires. I need a little help in that department. I am not into "MUDDING" as much as I am trail riding. That being said I don't want to get stuck in every rinky dink mud hole i go through. I have been told about the bighorns but I have heard they aren't worth a damn in the mud. I am thinking about the maxxis zillas or the mud light xl. I want a smooth ride with some mud performance. I am also torn between 12 or 14 inch rims. And even whether or not to put after market wheelson my machine. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the site, I personally prefer the 14" wheels, but as far as tires I own and operate a tire store, but if you ask 10 people about ATV tires you will likely get 8 or 9 different oppinions, I my self like the big horn 2, its all about personal preference.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey bigdaddy, how do the bighorns do in the mud and muck? That is my only area of concern for them. the research i have done shows them to be awesome tires and only lacking in the mud department. I won't be doing any serious mudding just run of the mill trail stuff.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Its going to be hard to beat The bighorns for all around riding even with some mud. The pitbull tires seem to be popular also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts