Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not started selling the Muzzy exhaust yet and have not tested it either. They sent me two systems and I only meant to get one for testing before we start selling them.

The first one to call the office at 1-888-626-7449 gets it for $700 delivered which is below cost and well below normal retail.

Todd
Hunterworks

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
This is a smoken deal!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ahhh it was a great deal...did someone from here get it?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow great deal just wish the timing had been better for me oh well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yah, if I hadn't been at work I may have snapped for that one. I could have saved more than what I made working. Oh well, I'd just as soon wait to get Todd's report on his test of the Muzzy before I decide anyway. At least I'll keep telling myself that!;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea! Thanks Todd For The Grrrrrrrrrrrreeeeaaat Deal. I Should Recieve The Exhaust System Tuesday. I Cant Wait. Now Hurry Up And Get Better So We Can See The Jetting And Dyno Report. J/k I Do Hope You Get Better Though.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Congrats TERROR, you are going to love the exhaust!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Speaking of the Muzzy's....a few weeks back someone was going to post a sound clip. Don't recall hearing what they sound like. Also, was wondering what decibels are at idle & WOT.:)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I am trying to get a sound clip, however, the one I took was not very good. I have my head pipes off right now, therefore, cannot start it up...but I am sure we will have something for you.

Decible rating was right at 97db.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks.....97 db vs. 94db for stock? I know that each increase of 1 db is not just a small amount, but was wondering if someone out there knows what the formula is for each db of increase?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I checked on Google & found that an increase of 10dB is doubling the sound. But, since dB's are logarithmic, an increase of 3 wouldn't be 1/3 greater if I understand correctly. It would seem that the Muzzy would be somewhat louder than stock (not a great amount), but the tone would be deeper or more pleasant to most people. I'm also wondering if the billet tips I've seen advertised would also change the tone somewhat without a significant increase in dB? Those of course wouldn't affect power output like the 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust. I hope Todd (Hunterworks) is satisfied now that I'm all confused.:confused:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Your confused? LOL right there with you my friend ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Didn't get a sound clip but I can tell you that they sound nice and throaty. I spent a little time behind diesel in the parade and when he came out to my camp and they sound sweet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts