Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am currently in the market for my first side by side. I have ridden both street and dirt over the years. My brother has a polaris & rhino. I have had the opportunity to ride both. I my search I was ready to buy a t-rex but since I ride both high altitude (over 7K f t)and desert I really want a fuel injected engine.

I was really disappointed to find out in Kawasaki rush to get to market they chose to go with a carb version.

Anyone know if they are planning FI for 2009 model?

Look forward learning from this great forum.

Mike C:D

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there, great to have you with us! :wave:

Sorry to dissapoint, however, my sources within Kawasaki have indicated there will be no fuel injection for 2009. I feel your pain as I think a lot of us would have liked an EFI machine, however, I am very happy with the decision I made.

You know one option is to get a dial-a-jet for your carbs that would allow you to dial the jetting for higher altitudes. I am seriously considering adding one to my machine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome!

I primarily ride trails at around 7000 ft. Most of the time I am with my family and not going to fast. To be honest, the small difference in power is not an issue for the kind of riding I do.

I will say that my Teryx does not start as quickly at that altitude, but it runs smooth once started.

I guess it depends on what kind of riding you will be doing whether the fuel injection will matter that much.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah I personally feel that EFI they have in ATV/UTV applications is overrated. You could take a look at Hunterworks Jetting kit where he uses the TPI valves so that you could jet for the desert then use the TPI's to "air jet" for the higher elevation.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Mine has been both to the desert and higher elevations. I live at a mile high and ride it at higher altitudes than that and have had no problems. I like the hunterworks kit. I think fuel injection is nice but not needed for a utv application. The rhino didn't have it for a long time and didn't seem to matter much just my .02. Also welcome to the site look forward to seeing you around often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts