Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 Teryx with 80 hours, a warn xt40 winch, beard rear seat, itp black rims and 28" mud lites. Will the bigger tires cause more trouble trashing belts. This whole belt discussion has this Honda rider a little nervous. It will be used to irrigate our farms and I need a reliable ride. What service do i need to do and what mods if any do you recommend. the bank is already broke so i won't do much right away. I the cdi the best mod or do i have to mess with belt and clutches? The closest kawi dealer is a crook so i'll have to travel about 90 miles for shop work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If the belt hasnt been adjusted yet do it. It makes a huge difference. It's a pain in the ass the first time but after that it's really not that hard. Follow the video's Hunterworks made for everyone. Being an 08 you will want to get a set of Dasa's air box rings that reinforce the air box mounting surfaces. Upgrade the air filter. Again Dasa makes a nice one as well as several other vendors. If your looking to go faster than 50mph then yes you will want a CDI and OD clutch cap and possibly a clutch kit to make up for the larger tires. Have fun and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Since your new to this you may not have heard of Hunterworks but your welcome to call me and get some no BS answers to keep you going for a long time.

I will give you a long term mod plan you can do over time if you wish and not have to be buying stuff twice.

As for the DASA rings, that is a good mod too. DASA is good people too even if they are competitors!! LOL

Todd
601-626-7449

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pardon my ignorance but I can't find a belt adjustment video anywhere. Actually I'm starting to think. Is clutch adjustment the factor here? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts