Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just joined and thought I would say hi. Today I picked up an immaculate black 2010 from my neighbor across the street. It has 190 miles on it, and developed a thrashing sound in the tranny after his son took it out and most likely abused it. After sitting in the garage for a year, he decided he did not want to mess with it, so I picked it up cheap. :D
It runs and drives fine, just has that "chunking" sound in the tranny somewhere. I was told it is probably the bevel gears. Not sure yet. But for $4500 with brand new 27" Big Horns, I don't think I did too bad.

Anyway, this should be a fun little toy to cruise around in the Nevada desert with the wife. It is currently parked alongside my Suzuki 700 Kingquad. Hello again to the forum. :wave:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Please take this advice, do NOT crank it up again until the engine is removed and the clunk found. IT can go from slightly expensive to expensive as a new vehicle in a hurry.

Got one in shop now for this, have had several. This repair can get ugly quick if broken parts get in other engine parts.

Please feel free to call me and discuss it.

Todd
601-771-0079

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please take this advice, do NOT crank it up again until the engine is removed and the clunk found. IT can go from slightly expensive to expensive as a new vehicle in a hurry.

Got one in shop now for this, have had several. This repair can get ugly quick if broken parts get in other engine parts.

Please feel free to call me and discuss it.

Todd
601-771-0079
Hi Todd, I called the number you posted, but it was wrong. So, checked out your website and called the number there and left a message. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts